PC gone mental

duffa

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well. I sing carols and have a christmas tree with a star on it. I'll get married in a church and my children will be christened.

I guess I'm in the minority of being proud of my religion.

You lot are so typically, typically English.

I dont have a religion, and think that anyone who believes in the shite written in the bible is.....well.....words cant describe it.

I decorate my house and buy presents at xmas time as thats what its all about to me, the presents and the pretty lights, not the birth of a miracle worker son of god load of claptrap.

it's also racist to sing Ba Ba Black Sheep but it doesn't stop me singing it to my young lad. :thumb:

this came about because ONE nursery in the UK thought it was offensive and were being overly careful. Anywhere else in the country you will still find it is sang as black sheep...

Edited by Craig855S

it's also racist to sing Ba Ba Black Sheep but it doesn't stop me singing it to my young lad. :thumb:

this came about because ONE nursery in the UK thought it was offensive and were being overly careful. Anywhere else in the country you will still find it is sang as black sheep...

Good to know, but regardless.. wouldn't stop me anyway.

In relation to the topic............. WWWD summed it up perfectly. :thumb:

In relation to you lot with this religion malarky, You can not ban religion, it would Fcuk the country up more than it already is & cause alot of problems rather than solve.

Edited by Lee_2f2f

Oh well. I sing carols and have a christmas tree with a star on it. I'll get married in a church and my children will be christened.

do you go to church , read the bible and why will your kids be christened ?

do you go to church , read the bible and why will your kids be christened ?

You dont have to go to church to be proud of your religion, I would imagine he wishes his children to be christened so they can also be married in church if they want to the same as he wishes to do.

Im proud of my religion although not going to church, I dont see why other religions cant be equally proud in every corner of the world they may be or travel to?

Peewee, and Sidrick...

Do you both believe in what the bible says? do you believe this god character created the earth in 7 days an put humans on it straight away?

how about the man who got eaten by a whale and survived inside it for days?

Or the flooding of the entire world where a bloke build a fooking huge boat and collected 2 of each animal and saving only a few humans, thus ruining the genepool.....

Or this Jesus character healing the blind, the paralysed etc......

Or do you just pretend to like christianity so you can have a wedding in a grand building? Adn you christen your kids into this bullshite religion so they can do the same if they want to get married in a "grand building"

:rolleyes:

If I'm wrong please correct me..

Peewee, and Sidrick...

Do you both believe in what the bible says? do you believe this god character created the earth in 7 days an put humans on it straight away?

Or the flooding of the entire world where a bloke build a fooking huge boat and collected 2 of each animal and saving only a few humans, thus ruining the genepool.....

Or do you just pretend to like christianity so you can have a wedding in a grand building? Adn you christen your kids into this bullshite religion so they can do the same if they want to get married in a "grand building"

Where in my wording did I tell you my religion Craig? ;)

Peewee, and Sidrick...

What-the-fcuk-are-you-getting-at??

I'm a Christian, but I'm not the pope. On a side note, it's not my belief that the Bible is supposed to be taken as entirely litteral, as you seem to understand it.

What I find nigh-on horrific is that someone in this thread said 'wearing her bed sheet'. The thread died at this point. It's such a typically British (mainly English) attitude, that imigrants should instantly abandon their heritage and beliefs when they arrive in the UK, and adopt your (sadly, our) shoddy ones.

WTF does England worship now? Staffies (or dogs in general), fry ups, pubs and moaning about what's wrong with the country and who's fault it is (generally foreigners). The country used to be proud of proper things, Christianity being one.

There's nothing wrong with believing in our religion, or anyone else believing in theirs.

What-the-fcuk-are-you-getting-at??

What Im getting at is I want to have a debate with a christian so I can understand what in their heads makes them believe in the religion, or any religion for that matter.

it's not my belief that the Bible is supposed to be taken as entirely litteral, as you seem to understand it.

I've seen a film that mentions christianity is a Pagan religion that is a carbon copy of several religions before it, and is therefore just a story of astrology

What I find nigh-on horrific is that someone in this thread said 'wearing her bed sheet'. The thread died at this point. It's such a typically British (mainly English) attitude, that imigrants should instantly abandon their heritage and beliefs when they arrive in the UK, and adopt your (sadly, our) shoddy ones.

Agreed, Immagrants dont bother me, they've not "taken my job" and I dont see many of them about, and the ones that i do see seem to be working for a living, unlike the staffy worshipers

WTF does England worship now? Staffies (or dogs in general), fry ups, pubs and moaning about what's wrong with the country and who's fault it is (generally foreigners). The country used to be proud of proper things, Christianity being one.

It would seem so, the country is going down the pan and it is not the fault of immagrants in any way...Im not quite sure whos it is though, mostly the parents...

There's nothing wrong with believing in our religion, or anyone else believing in theirs.

Again, agreed

But my question to you remains, Im not trying to tell you not to believe in it, you can believe what you want. But I'd like an understanding into why you believe in it....