• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Life did evolve from bacteria.

...and the bacteria evolved from...?

I'm not a scientist.

Are you turning into Leonard McCoy?! :D

OT: But it wouldn't matter if you were; they still haven't answered that question in any demonstrable way

...although I'm not suggesting that's evidence for some sort of supreme being.

Show me where the nitrosomonas come from then sidrick...because they didnt come from the tapwater.

Fish, fish rubbish, plants, rocks, water, the air.....

If it did come from any of those sources....how did it get there? (Although im pretty confident it didnt come from the fish,fish rubbish, plants or rocks, and definately not the water. And they wouldnt exist in just a glass of water.. they exist because water with ammonia in it is the only enviroment they can live in

No place in modern society?! Some of the scrotes round my area could do with a bit of Sunday schooling to learn how to be halfway decent people. Surely a religion that teaches people to love each other will always have a place?

That's the job of the parents, not a church. :rolleyes:

youre missing the point. :rolleyes:

churches promote a community spirit and family values. some parents dont know how to bring up kids, hence theyll be mugging me and stealing my car in years to come.

No place in modern society?! Some of the scrotes round my area could do with a bit of Sunday schooling to learn how to be halfway decent people. Surely a religion that teaches people to love each other will always have a place?

That's the job of the parents, not a church. :rolleyes:

churches promote a community spirit and family values. some parents dont know how to bring up kids, hence theyll be mugging me and stealing my car in years to come.

However churches also spend hours a week spouting lies to people who are willing to listen. I went through my life without church and I have community spirit and family values

You're right, they do.. back in the 1800's.

Parents are to blame for kids being the way they are today, and why? Because the government has made it illegal to smack a naughty child even when you're the parent, in return the child knows it can push and push. If it can get away with this with its parents, it isn't going to care about teachers or other forms of authority is it?

Regardless of any law, if I feel my child deserves a slapped arse or hand, they'll get one. It never did me any harm, and taught me a lot.

Church? Ha!

Parents are to blame for kids being the way they are today, and why? Because the government has made it illegal to smack a naughty child

Surely if the Governemt has made it illegal to use physical discipline, then it's not the parents who are to blame?

Parents could have opposed this law, but as with everything, people prefer to bend over and take it up the tail pipe then complain about it later.

It isn't just that anyway, what about the kids you see walking the streets after 9pm? Where's the parents? Sitting at home watching soaps.

When I was a young lad, I was in bed for half 7 maybe 8pm on the odd occassion until I was around the age of 10. Until I was 16 I had to be in bed for 10.. only when I was out earning my own money and after a major argument with my folks could I stay out til when I wanted at the age of 17.

Now, we always see kids out and about who're between 12 and 16 until the hours of midnight or later. Authority has changed in recent years.. Authority starts at home.

Parents are to blame for kids being the way they are today, and why? Because the government has made it illegal to smack a naughty child even when you're the parent, in return the child knows it can push and push. If it can get away with this with its parents, it isn't going to care about teachers or other forms of authority is it?

Regardless of any law, if I feel my child deserves a slapped arse or hand, they'll get one. It never did me any harm, and taught me a lot.

Church? Ha!

youre contradicting yourself, how can the parents be to blame when youre saying that the government isnt allowing them to discipline their kids?

and anyway, its not the churches fault that parents arent allowed to discipline any more.

EDIT: as above

Edited by eetaylog

Parents could have opposed this law, but as with everything, people prefer to bend over and take it up the tail pipe then complain about it later.

Singing to the choir on that one!

I was merely pointing out the contradiction in your statement. It so happens I agree with corporal punishment as a last resort for a parent.

Church? Ha!

youre contradicting yourself, how can the parents be to blame when youre saying that the government isnt allowing them to discipline their kids?

and anyway, its not the churches fault that parents arent allowed to discipline any more.

EDIT: as above

As said, the law could have been opposed and still can be.

Now you're putting words into my mouth. I've not mentioned anything about the church and parents, you brought that up. You said that kids need sunday school otherwise they'll end up 'mugging you'. I'm simply stating that I don't agree.

Your comment, a bit unfair isn't it?

What about the kids who've grown up with morals and standards without the church/mosque and aren't out mugging people? That's through old school parenting. Parents who don't bow down to others dictating to them how their kids should be raised by an already flawed system, parents like myself as it so happens.

Edited by Stonah

Parents are to blame for kids being the way they are today, and why? Because the government has made it illegal to smack a naughty child

Surely if the Governemt has made it illegal to use physical discipline, then it's not the parents who are to blame?

I'll do what I deem suitable to keep my kids on the straight an narrow, and that includes causing them physical pain if that is what it takes to get it into their heads that what they have just done is wrong adn will not be allowed to be repeated. I was only smacked once or twice as a kid, that IMO is what it takes to get naughty kids to understand that parents should be listened to. None of this "please dont behave like that as it upsets mummy and ill have to put you on a naughty step" although we do use that for little things

I'll do what I deem suitable to keep my kids on the straight an narrow, and that includes causing them physical pain if that is what it takes to get it into their heads that what they have just done is wrong adn will not be allowed to be repeated. I was only smacked once or twice as a kid, that IMO is what it takes to get naughty kids to understand that parents should be listened to. None of this "please dont behave like that as it upsets mummy and ill have to put you on a naughty step" although we do use that for little things

I've never had to use the 'naughty step'.. The misses uses the naughty chair sometimes, but I'm the strict one - she's the soft one. I've got the lad to the stage now though where I just have to give a look and he knows to behave, works a charm lol. I remember my old man being the same with me, funny how some little things like that carry on.

Awkward with me though as I'm the 'step dad'. So there's fine lines on what I can and can't do, though it's different with my own son, or at least was when I used to see him. Another of those situations where his mum uses him as a weapon, drives you mad! Urgh @ broken homes.