what car, getting one in Sept

Craig855S

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you actually want from the car?

Practical enough to move 2 adults and 2 kids (a brand new baby and our son who will be nearly 3 by then) along with a suitcase and a big pram

Comfy

Luxurious with a good spec,such as leather/alcantara, good stereo, heated and electric everything (No mk3 mondeo suggestions please lol)

Make the right sound

Fast enough to entertain me on a sunday drive and overtake with ease

Economy is of absolutely no concern since i only do 5 or 6 thousand miles a year meaning most months I only put 1 tank of petrol in

The BMW draw is the RWD dynamics.. and the noise only the V8s can make

The volvo draw is the turbo.. and the noises the car can make

One of the main deciding factors may be what is around nearer the time, for instance if I had the cash today i'd prob end up with the Hartge H5 or a cheap phase 1 V70R, but in september i highly doubt ill find a hartge,and may struggle to find another V70R in saffron yellow (which is a fab colour imo)

Massive..That vid you posted is fantastic...but then again, so is this

The E34 saloon has a massive boot, so would be no problem for the pram and associated bags. Mine was only a 2.0, made a great sound, little thirsty considering how slow it was, but it was a really comfy drive, just alot of wobbling in the steering. Parts for the E34 can be cheap as chips, some bits can be very expensive though. All in all, I thought it was a great car, no buzz or excitement in any of it, it was all very functional but lacked anything exciting. From what I read, the E34 M5 had a slightly different steering setup which made the steering a bit sharper and more involved.