Formula 1 2010

Craig855S

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoud be an interesting one. I'm well looking forward to it.

It does seem a bit weird that Button seems off Hamiltons pace though

Not weird really, button only got what he got last season due to braun being the only team to start with the double defuser, when everyone else got them button was struggling, as he has always done.

Hamilton top of the testing, hope he gets a good car this season.

Bryan

• 3 weeks later...

FIA publish revised 2010 entry list

The official entry list for the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship was republished by the FIA on Wednesday evening. Following weeks of speculation the sport’s governing body has confirmed the North Carolina-based US team will not compete, which means 12 teams will line up on the grid at next week’s season-opener in Bahrain.

A subsequent statement released by the FIA said: “The US team have indicated that they will not be in a position to participate in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship. Having considered the various options, the FIA confirms that it is not possible for a replacement team to be entered for the championship at this late stage.

“In the coming days the FIA will announce details of a new selection process to identify candidates to fill any vacancies existing at the start of the 2011 season.”

Other points to note are that Campos have changed their name to HRT following last month’s acquisition by Spanish businessman - and existing shareholder - Jose Ramon Carabante. The team are yet to reveal who will be team mate to already announced driver Bruno Senna.

The entry list also confirmed BMW Sauber’s place on the 2010 grid, with drivers Pedro de la Rosa and Kamui Kobayashi set to take up driver numbers 22 and 23.

The full entry list of constructors and drivers as published by the FIA is as follows:

McLaren Mercedes

1 Jenson Button (GB)

2 Lewis Hamilton (GB)

Mercedes Benz GP Limited

3 Michael Schumacher (D)

4 Nico Rosberg (D)

Red Bull Racing Renault

5 Sebastian Vettel (D)

6 Mark Webber (AUS)

Ferrari

7 Felipe Massa (BR)

8 Fernando Alonso (E)

Williams Cosworth

9 Rubens Barrichello (BR)

10 Nico Hulkenberg (D)

Renault

11 Robert Kubica (PL)

12 Vitaly Petrov (RUS)

Force India Mercedes

14 Adrian Sutil (D)

15 Vitantonio Liuzzi (I)

STR Ferrari

16 Sebastien Buemi (CH)

17 Jaime Alguersuari (E)

Lotus Cosworth

18 Jarno Trulli (I)

19 Heikki Kovalainen (FIN)

HRT Cosworth

20 TBA

21 Bruno Senna (BR)

BMW Sauber Ferrari

22 Pedro de la Rosa (E)

23 Kamui Kobayashi (J)

Virgin Cosworth

24 Timo Glock (D)

25 Lucas di Grassi (BR)

Still no sign of the Campos (HRT) car though?

HRT have revealed their car, only days before the season begins, and their second driver has been announced as "Karun Chandhok" who will drive the car for the first time on friday, he will be driving with Bruno Senna

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/hrt_3_2010.jpg

Edited by Craig855S

be interesting to see how bruno senna gets on, heard he is a good driver! Erton (sp?) said, when he was alive, that there was only 1 person he could think of that was more mad than him, and that was his nephew bruno!

Lets see if he can live up to his late uncles expectations!

It's Ayrton.

Bruno has proven to be fairly pish so far.

Thats it lol! I knew I spelled it wrong, just couldnt remember the correct spelling

He's only the legend of Formula One...

Looking forward to this weekend, will be the first season I've watched since Schumacher's last championship in 2004.

And serious question, why doesn't a team try and get Ralf Schumacher back? He's still young by most drivers standards and he wasn't that back if I recall.

Guess I'm just looking back at the glory days...

With 4 world champions on the grid this season it should be the best season for a long time, hence why I'll actually be watching this year.

Plus Red Bull will hopefully have the pace to compete at the top end too.

4 World Champions? Has someone dropped out?

Edited by sidrick

Guess I'm just looking back at the glory days...

With 4 world champions on the grid this season it should be the best season for a long time, hence why I'll actually be watching this year.

Plus Red Bull will hopefully have the pace to compete at the top end too.

4 World Champions? Has someone dropped out?

Yeah Räikkönen has pissed off to go rallying. So it's Schuey, Lewis, Jenson, and Alonso who have titles under their belt.