Formula 1 2010

Craig855S

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of no refuelling. It seems the drivers are of the same opinion.

Agreed, I didn't like that, think it takes something away from the race.

Due to not having to refuel, they were all obsessed with preserving tyres so they only had to do a single stop so they weren't pushing as hard as they used to. I really hope things pick up a bit as they work on strategies more as perhaps they were just getting a feel for things this time out. I was a fan of refuelling though, I liked the tactical element it brought.

I think the main contenders this year are probably going to be Alonso and Vettel myself. I think McLaren need to pick up the pace a bit as they're quite obviously not where Ferrari and RBR are yet. I think Hamilton can probably work around that and just about stay in touch with the leaders, but I'm not sure how Button will deal with it. He doesn't seem to be able to adapt to a weaker car as well as Hamilton does.

Looking forward to the next race still, but really hoping it picks up some excitement or I think they'll really need to reconsider the rules again for next season.

Agreed this no refuelling is balls. Driving like pansies to keep the tyres going for pretty much the whole race is going to ruin the season, its a shame that tactics like that will beat tactics like "Drive like a maniac and pit twice" Something like 30 seconds in the pitlane will take nearly 30 balls out laps to recover the time you've lost, maybe enforce the use of super soft and soft tyres only? none of these medium compound tyres that offer long life and a good pace

I'd be surprised if the no refuelling rule even lasted the season.

Although with the Governing bodies wanting to keep costs down and there being some teams on an extreemly tight budget, i doubt that will happen. It might need to for things to get interesting, but there would be too much opposition.

• 2 weeks later...