1989 XR3i EFI Mercury Grey

craig830

Clocks show 45000 miles, but unable to verify this as i only have a part service history.

I have owned the car since september 2009 and bought it as a project after me and the wife seperated. It currently is taxed until the end of Feb, but has an MOT until November 2010. It has been re-trimmed on the interior in black and red leather, with XR3 in the front seat backs.

It has a front and rear heated screens, which both work, heated electric mirrors (only the passenger side heats), and electric windows.

In april 2009 the engine had a full top-end rebuild, including cam, valves, stem seals, tappets and a fully reconditioned head, for which i have the reciept. It has also had a new starter and alternator, but no reciepts for these items.

For its MOT it required two bits of welding, to the rear drivers side sill and rear drivers side spring mount, and some brake pipes replacing. I also fitted new tyres and a fuel return pipe as the original was shabby, and a new coil pack, front shocks, new front disks and pads and a new battery. These have all been replaced since 38000 miles.

The exterior of the car is in fair condition for its age, but is the only part of the car left to sort out to bring it back to its prime. It may benefit from a resparay. Unfortunately i'm an engineer and don't have much interest in cosmetics, only mechanicals, so i want to hand it over to somebody who will get the job done properly because it really is a little beauty. Its has RS skirts and arches fitted, and a 3inch Sportex back box. The whole exhaust has been replaced apart from the manifold. The down pipe by the previous owner and the rest by myself.

It requires new boot struts and drivers seat runners, as the one nearest the door is starting to show signs of age. The rear foot is starting to weaken resuting in the seat tipping to one side slightly. Not an MOT fail, but not the greatest. The rear spoiler is sagging aswell, common problem but not the greatest looking thing in the world.

I will add pictures when i get time to take them, and am looking for sensible offers only please. But please be advised, this car, although absolutely fantastic and huge fun as it is, is still over 20 years old, and requires a bit of TLC. I use it as a weekend runner and it always runs, but travel to see my kids so need something with guaranteed reliabilty as i serve in the RAF and am liable to move bases.

The car is located in North Yorkshire ten minutes south of Scotch Corner just off the A1. Any inspection is welcome, but notice is required.

Thanks in advance

Craig

Sorry forgot to add that the cambelt was done at the same time as the head, just over 38000 miles.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1631/61994225.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7747/24583817.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2676/47636951.jpg

Edited by craig830