Spec me a computer

Craig855S

Never had any issues with the Dell stuff either.

I'm an IBM or HP fan... Dell is the enemy! :pancake:

Maybe one day Dell will change my opinion... until then I'l always dislike them no matter what the Dell sheep say :thumb:

It's my own opinion... it's valid for many reasons thus it sticks! After all, everyone is entitled to their own opinion! :innocent:

Perhaps if you back up your statement with something useful (read: facts) rather than personal preference then your argument may carry more weight.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps if you back up your statement with something useful (read: facts) rather than personal preference then your argument may carry more weight.

I'm not going to sit here and argue to valididate what is my personal opinion based on what your wishing to see as a "come back"... ie: Google references, novice user experiences and so on...

I'm not argueing against Dell fanboys... I'm simply expressing that I dislike Dell products and Dell as a company.

I have not once stated that anyone should not buy Dell... I have stated my opinions of Dell and their products only. So there is no arguement.

My opinions are based on more than "preference". They are based on experience on a wide range of their products and services which I deal with on a daily bases.

Thus I believe my opinions are perfecly valid.

and back on the topic at hand... Craig855S, have you recieved your new toy yet?

TBH I'm not a massive Dell fan since the only dell computers I am exposed to are pieces of JUNK at work. The RAF buy them brand new, in large numbers, and probably pay more than what any other company would pay, and they get the most basic of basic computers. Single core processors, NO ram, tiny tiny hard drives (everything is on massive servers that are slow as hell) and just general crapness. The base units also look like rubbish, and they run windows 2000, some use XP these days though.

My new tower has yet to arrive, Im really looking forward to it arriving, and getting irritated as it doesnt arrive each day

I'm not going to sit here and argue to valididate what is my personal opinion based on what your wishing to see as a "come back"... ie: Google references, novice user experiences and so on...

I'm not argueing against Dell fanboys... I'm simply expressing that I dislike Dell products and Dell as a company.

I have not once stated that anyone should not buy Dell... I have stated my opinions of Dell and their products only. So there is no arguement.

My opinions are based on more than "preference". They are based on experience on a wide range of their products and services which I deal with on a daily bases.

Thus I believe my opinions are perfecly valid.

and back on the topic at hand... Craig855S, have you recieved your new toy yet?

What is it you work as? Out of interest......

What is it you work as? Out of interest......

A general IT jack-of-all-trades (I have too many different roles to really give it a title... So it goes down as IT Manager on legal paperwork like Car Insurance as that's the closest thing - I just don't get an IT Managers salary :pancake: ) for the UK's second biggest Pilot/Sim mail order company... Soon to be a mail order/major supplier/publisher

I responsible for a small->medium array of Dell desktop machines along with an in-house upright Dell server and Dell server rack as well as a meaty Dell £15,000 rack setup in Leeds(our websites servers).

Even as the "IT Guy"... I have no say in when we ditch the Dell's... The CEO has the final word... it's his money :( :pancake:

Gotta love Dells,

XPS430 for work

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/23119.jpg

Lovely digital sound card, 1920x1080 23inch screen, BD writer, Radeon HD 4800, plus i love the keyboard and mouse.

Scoop, sounds like you've only had expeience with the commercial, cheap, rough and ready Dells and not the decent ones youd have at home.

Gotta love Dells,

XPS430 for work

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/23119.jpg

Lovely digital sound card, 1920x1080 23inch screen, BD writer, Radeon HD 4800, plus i love the keyboard and mouse.

Scoop, sounds like you've only had expeience with the commercial, cheap, rough and ready Dells and not the decent ones youd have at home.

SP2!! Eeek!

It has arrived, Over a week after payment was received...and its damaged..

I'm in contact with the seller about the damage and I'm happy to keep it so long as I am compensated somehow and it proves to not be affected by the damage (Hard drive wasn't in its rack when it arrived and the rack was bent well out of shape, hard drive looks fine and it doesnt appear to have knocked any of the components)

Computer is running fine but I'm yet to push it, gonna fire up a game later and see whats what.....There is a loud high pitched sound over here at the minute.... Hmmmm