wireless routers

MCCORNY11

At work we use the Netgear, stable with a good wireless range & it does take a good beating tbh.

At home I use a 2wire bt business 1800 HG router on my medium network (around 10 pc's and various other wireless hardware).

You can pick the 2wires business ones up on ebay for good prices as many think it cant be used in a home but with some settings tweaks its a great router.

2 wires are bollox, end of.....lol :) i hate them with a passion. the firmware is crap. the 1800s are more stable than the 2700. we are using the 2701 at work just now and it seems to be somewhat better than the previous ;)

Edited by scottg17

The best* home routers are made by Draytek, the Vigor range. A relatively unheard of name but a true geeks favourite.

* (unless you have Cisco budget!)

Are Cisco poor Stu?

We recently bought one at work. I'm connected via wire and have no problems. However, my boss is always getting disconnected, he's on a wireless connection.

* (unless you have Cisco budget!)

Or know where to look for cheapness... Cisco router here... pain in the arse though! :pancake:

or get a linksys as they are made by cisco ;)

Incorrect... Phone Cisco and say that... 1million personal insults later they will tell you they only OWN Linksys and have nothing to do with their products... They will also state how p1ssed off they are at Linksys putting Cisco on their products! :roll:

think Ive got my old cisco adsl router buried in a box somewhere, work supplied me it but I personally found it to be a useless unreliable blue boxed piece of shite :D .....mighta just been my luck and got a tempremental one

I currently have a sky supplied repackaged Netgear Rangemax that I have upto 3 Pc's wirlessly connected too along with my xbox360 hard wired to, at any given time both desktop pcs (the house one and my sons) along with my laptop and the xbox can be running on the net and Ive yet to note the router struggle.

concidering its probably the cheapest router Ive ever used its by far the most capabe and stable so far.

Or know where to look for cheapness... Cisco router here... pain in the arse though! :pancake:

Oh oh please tell me where to buy an 887M for 'cheapness' !!!!

Incorrect... Phone Cisco and say that... 1million personal insults later they will tell you they only OWN Linksys and have nothing to do with their products... They will also state how p1ssed off they are at Linksys putting Cisco on their products! :roll:

A lot of linksys products are made by Cisco now..

think Ive got my old cisco adsl router buried in a box somewhere, work supplied me it but I personally found it to be a useless unreliable blue boxed piece of shite :D .....mighta just been my luck and got a tempremental one

More than likely poorly configured. Cisco stuff is not really home user stuff and requires a certain level of networking experience (including knowledge of Cisco IOS) to make it work properly.

Oh oh please tell me where to buy an 887M for 'cheapness' !!!!

A lot of linksys products are made by Cisco now..

Cisco will still deny it!

think the WAG325N I was the last non-Cisco unit made iirc.

887M... don't come across them. but i'd probably get hold of a "bricked" one which just needs flasing for pennies soon... lol

Cisco IOS can be an utter bitch... Cisco 800 unit every fecker seems to use is a cnut also! (p1ssing around trying to sort a stubborn loan unit atm)