1.8 zetec running problems

[ . D a r k // ]

Right my engine is running like a bag of nails. It's running lumpy and struggling to rev over 2500-3000 rpm. It is a 1994 Zeta engine 1.8 [105ps]

I've just changed the coil pack, Spark plugs and HT leads and it's not helped.

Would a dodgy Lambada sensor or a failing cat converter cause running problems? Also had a new fusebox recently, could that be causing problems? Although it's been running fine for 2 weeks with the new fusebox in. I'm gonna take it for a compression test next week if I can't get it running properly again before hand, though it is NOT mixing oil and water (everything is fine on that front)

Any suggestions or possible solutions would be much appreciated.

Dark.

These engines have Crank sensors?

am i have sim prob on few vauxhalls and was crank sensor

crank sensor would create a non start problem, not running rough.

check the breather hoses, 1 - top of the cam cover + 2 - front ov the engine and around under the coil pack

if you here a rattling noise when reving then the cat will be fooked

unplug the MAF meter and see if that makes any dif

Right my engine is running like a bag of nails. It's running lumpy and struggling to rev over 2500-3000 rpm. It is a 1994 Zeta engine 1.8 [105ps]

I've just changed the coil pack, Spark plugs and HT leads and it's not helped.

Would a dodgy Lambada sensor or a failing cat converter cause running problems? Also had a new fusebox recently, could that be causing problems? Although it's been running fine for 2 weeks with the new fusebox in. I'm gonna take it for a compression test next week if I can't get it running properly again before hand, though it is NOT mixing oil and water (everything is fine on that front)

Any suggestions or possible solutions would be much appreciated.

Dark.

sounds like the timing belt has lost tention or slipped a tooth it could be a burnt valve but it would need to be seveer and more than one to restrict the revs that much also have you checked the cam sensor if it has one hope this is of some use mate gary