Calculating NCB...

16V_Silver

Hi all,

I am trying to calculate No Claims Bonus (NCB) and would like a bit of help...

I had one claim in Nov 2007 (my fault, small accident and some damage to other vehicle). I have had no accidents or claims since then.

So does this mean I have 2 years NCB as of Nov 2009 ??

Thanks in advance

To make it simpler, for every full policy that expired ( had it for a year, ie started in November ended in November)you have a years ncb but you won't ge a no claim fo the year of the crash, so if you got a new car in nov 2007 after the crash and havnt crashed and not ended any policys, you will have 3 years ncb as of nov 2010 Edited by KNITERIDER

but if you didnt have a car or policy in force you dont have any NCB is what I meant.

For every full year you have an insurance policy in force/active then you will receive 1 NCB - assuming no claims were made.

having a free year for not driving isnt included - or everyone would be rich! lol

by what he says, he has none.

The years he has had no claims, he didnt have a car either (if I have it right)

lol seriously?

In that case I am coming upto 2 years no claims as I passed my test when I was 17 but didn't get a car till I was 18 :pancake:

you will be coming up to one year as even though it has been nearly two years you passed, you had one year without a car.

if you are nearing the end of your insurance you will soon receive 1 NCB.

kev for example has been driving for over 2 years, first few months were a PAYG scheme. - not counted

1 year - had an accident in month 12 of insurance - no NCB accrued

2 year - coming to end of policy in March - will earn 1 NCB assuming no more accidents/claims

Hi all,

I am trying to calculate No Claims Bonus (NCB) and would like a bit of help...

I had one claim in Nov 2007 (my fault, small accident and some damage to other vehicle). I have had no accidents or claims since then.

So does this mean I have 2 years NCB as of Nov 2009 ??

Thanks in advance

can you elaborate for me?

2007 had accident = no NCB earned

2008 no car (?) - lost any NCB earned

2009 had policy for one year? - if this is true you have 1 NCB as of Nov 2009