FAO: People into Fitness/Supplements

LiamGTR

I would highly recommend you DO NOT buy from Discount Supplements .co.uk no matter how good their early year sales are for 2 reasons:

1) Aaron got charged for his goods and never recieved them and had to chase them up hundreds of times and took months before he got his money back

and more importantly:

I just phoned them up with a query expecting to speak to atleast somebody in the know but no:

I simply asked "I have just recieved your protein sale e-mail and was wondering which of the 2 on offer are best for me, either your 90+ Protein or Whey Protein Isolate because I don't know the different so anychance you can help me out please?"

To which she replied - "Sorry but we at Discount Supplements .co.uk can't really tell you much about them, we know nothing about them"

So I asked - "So can you atleast put me intouch with somebody higher up or who knows of the product your selling"

She replies - "No sorry, nobody at Discount Supplements .co.uk is a qualified nutritionist so cannot give advise"

So basically they are selling products they know absolutly Fcuk all about.

It will probably cost me more, but i'm definitely going else where from now on :nutter:

Just thought i'd post this up and sure you all have opinions and no doubt most of you won't listen...it's upto you :thumb:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they aren't a qualified nutritionist then I can see why they wont recommend what you take. They know nothing of your health, history or your intentions. What if you reacted to the product based on their advice? They would be up the creek if they have no basis on which to be offering advice.

Im sure they would be fine to deal with if you know what you need

Edited by Trig

I know what you mean and understand why she said it, for the above reason.

But somebody owns a nutritional/sports supplement shop online that no doubt gets thousands of customers and they don't have ONE person qualified in their whole team to advise people?

It seems to me like getting a job in a gym but knowing bot all about how everything works?!

Very wierd, like I said, no doubt people will take this with a pinch of salt, their chose, i'm only trying to help.

I think knowing what buttons to press on a machine and advising people what they should ingest are a bit different.

You dont need to know what something does to sell it.

Which is wrong I think and there are much better online sports supplement shops out there, hense why I am advising people not to shop at this one...

You wouldn't go to a pharmacy and not expect them to know about the products they sell, so why should this be any different...

I think knowing what buttons to press on a machine and advising people what they should ingest are a bit different.

Which is wrong I think and there are much better online sports supplement shops out there, hense why I am advising people not to shop at this one...

You wouldn't go to a pharmacy and not expect them to know about the products they sell, so why should this be any different...

Because a pharmacist is degree qualified in pharmacy and not just a call centre worker on minimum wage.

Discount Suppliments is a bit of a clue. You're shopping at the equivilent of Primark and complaining when you don't get Harrods-esque service.

The thing is, you are saying people shouldnt shop with them because you think there are better out there because you didnt get the answer you wanted from them.

I think what you mean is that if you want advice, there are better places to go to.

Get your advice elsewhere...buy the product from the cheapest retailer!

Schoolboy stuff Liam, you don't boycott a certain retailer just because they're not experts in nutrition. Its like going to Primark and asking a member of staff if a shirt is what % of cotton it is without letting them see the label.

I love that you always say that Craig. What will you do when everywhere that can give advice has gone under because of people doing just this?

I love that you always say that Craig. What will you do when everywhere that can give advice has gone under because of people doing just this?

Why pay for advice when you can get it for free, especially online. Im sure there are numerous gymsmack users on a fitness forum who could give better advice than some call centre bird.