FAO: Music Producers

fekyo

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CRAIG: ta, note taken

PEEWEE: do it, always willing to listen.

CRAIG 2nd comment: cheers mate, i like it best after 2.00 too. sounds FAT in a car with a hench system. very aggy. if your interested once done ill get you a high quality version to put on cd (low qual versions uploaded)

The other track you've linked to. 2:00 onwards is a win!

Agreed :D

Something I started but never got around to finishing.

clicky

I really like that Pete :thumb:

Have you got any other tracks you've produced?

Thanks, the stuff I have uploaded is quite old now & was written & produced using minimal equipment.

Ill try & get some more updated tracks uploaded soon seeing as my studio has now been rebuilt with far more modern higher quality gear but heres another old one.

clicky

If fekyo would prefer I use a thread of my own ill do so, just say the word? :thumb:

The beat is fine to my ears (20 years of production and over 10 years dj'ing)...

Not my cup of tea though. I'm not a fan of dub/grime/junk, but perhaps some strings over some parts would spruce it up a bit?

needs a second break in my opinion - something wompy that gets you skankin!!

noted

The beat is fine to my ears (20 years of production and over 10 years dj'ing)...

Not my cup of tea though. I'm not a fan of dub/grime/junk, but perhaps some strings over some parts would spruce it up a bit?

also noted.

cheers fellas.

peewee your stuff sounds good, likewise not my cuppa tea tho. can i see a pic of your studio? start your own thread if you like. maybe a new music section when the site gets renewed?

First one seems to be lacking a propper wobble im affraid for me, good base for something good though, maybe a couple more instruments and effects over the top in the background would help it out a little to fill out the sound some more. I know you're going for the grime sound, but maybe a smoother wobble as it seems a little to distorted?

Like your productions Peewee, not my taste but really like the way its put together, pics of your studio would be boss!

Vote music thread anyone??

I've just started making some dubstep/drum n bass stuff myself, Clicky? both made in reason 4 which ive had for about 3 weeks ish

Edited by steve109

Not my kind of sound but a good attempt all the same. It doesn't grab your my attention, got bored after about 50 secs. I did some of this a few years back using music maker software. Put together a couple of tracks and videos, unfortunately i lost them. Still got the software so might have a go sometime this week and upload them. Mine were more old skool/dance/trance, lots of piano, synths and vocals :thumb:

I've just started making some dubstep/drum n bass stuff myself, Clicky? both made in reason 4 which ive had for about 3 weeks ish

Good stuff for 3 weeks! I assume you have some experience from before Reason though..... Look into how to master/EQ a track though as both of those tracks would sound crap on a proper PA due to the levels being way out.

Good stuff for 3 weeks! I assume you have some experience from before Reason though..... Look into how to master/EQ a track though as both of those tracks would sound crap on a proper PA due to the levels being way out.

Nope no experience with it before whatso ever, only used stuff like acid pro for recording guitar tracks and I've used some drum machines before but other than that nothing to do with synths and effects. Yeah the levels are all over the place as i've not looked into setting them up yet, will probably master them when i head over to my friends home studio whenever im over his side of the country, unless i can figure out how to do it without a propper mixer set-up!