Car wont start after battery re charge

deano1978

Hi

I have had to take the battery off to charge as it was completely flat, it has been on charge for 8 hours and the car without power for the same amount of time.

i have just reconnected the battery and all turns on fine but car wont tick over at all its not even trying. Is it something to do with the immobilizer or am i missing something?

Help

Assuming your battery voltage is correct (12v not running and over 13.2v running) then it's likely your car has a faulty idle valve which is stopping it from idling... your ECU's adaptive tables have been cleared due to removing the battery which means it needs to learn to idle again, but if your valve is that far gone then it'll struggle. This is one possibility.

Assuming your battery voltage is correct (12v not running and over 13.2v running) then it's likely your car has a faulty idle valve which is stopping it from idling... your ECU's adaptive tables have been cleared due to removing the battery which means it needs to learn to idle again, but if your valve is that far gone then it'll struggle. This is one possibility.

the car isnt even attempting to start its like i havent even turned the key no engine noise at all.

I have just taken the red key and tried that inside the car, when turning the key to positions 1 or 2 i am not getting any light under the clock telling me the immobilizer has switched off and the led light never comes on..

Is there a reason the immobilizer would not recognise the key now after no battery and how can i check it is the immobilizer?

the car isnt even attempting to start its like i havent even turned the key no engine noise at all.

You mentioned ticking over, which is idling, hence the confusion.

yeah sorry its not doing anything not even ticking over, how do i check if its the immobiliser? i put in a ford infra red remote locking system in a yeah ago and had to change the alarm module could it be anything to do with that?

yeah sorry its not doing anything not even ticking over, how do i check if its the immobiliser? i put in a ford infra red remote locking system in a yeah ago and had to change the alarm module could it be anything to do with that?

The Ford PATS system will not be affected by not having power, but if you have wired in another immobiliser then you may need to reprogramme that.