immobiliser problem i think

deano1978

hi

disconnected the battery yesterday to charge it for about 8 hours. now i have re connected the battery the car wont tick over.

all the lights on the dash come on the headlights are working and the radio but when i turn the key to start the engine it is like i havent done anything the engine makes no sound at all. all the lights stay on and do not dim so i know its not the battery.

how do i check to see if its the immobiliser? what else could it be?

help please i am supposed to be selling it today.

hi

disconnected the battery yesterday to charge it for about 8 hours. now i have re connected the battery the car wont tick over.

all the lights on the dash come on the headlights are working and the radio but when i turn the key to start the engine it is like i havent done anything the engine makes no sound at all. all the lights stay on and do not dim so i know its not the battery.

how do i check to see if its the immobiliser? what else could it be?

help please i am supposed to be selling it today.

it doesn't crank is what i mean the engine is completely dead

please help!

Also ensure you have re- connected all the wires you took off the battery.

I had a similar problem on a car once. I cant remember if it was a ford or not.

I refitted the battery and re-connected everything, when I turned the ignition on, all the dash lights illuminated but there was no cranking.

I had failed to notice one wire had slipped behind something in the engine bay. I think it was an Earth wire which went directly to the stater motor.