Engine rebuild

Mad Man Measures

so you have £400 to rebuild an engine? whats wrong with it atm?

The only thing that is wrong with it is the rocker cover is slightly leaking oil apart from that it all seems pretty good. but I am looking for a bit more power, but I dont realy have time to save up a lot of money as the engine in my car atm isnt very well, so i was woundering what are the best things to do whilst I have the engine out.

I plan to eventuly run itb's and a ms ecu but dont have the money for them yet

Depends on what Stage # rebuild you have planned?

You ganna change pistons/ring/shells?

You ganna do a top end build as well?

I want to be eventuly running around 200bhp with ITB's

I was thinking about mayby replaceing pistons an con rods getting the crank shaft balansed porting and skimming the head, any thing elce you recon I should do?

id imagine decent pistons would be 400+ on there own, as a general questions arnt the standard pistons ok for tha power? you'l be plowing absolute thousends to get that power mind which for same money you could turbo to more power, an rs2000 engine with 2.3 litre conversion with mods on ITB's was only running just over 200bhp! (leer's)

id imagine decent pistons would be 400+ on there own, as a general questions arnt the standard pistons ok for tha power? you'l be plowing absolute thousends to get that power mind which for same money you could turbo to more power, an rs2000 engine with 2.3 litre conversion with mods on ITB's was only running just over 200bhp! (leer's)

Tbh I will probbly leave the standered pistons an con rods but change arp bolts mayby, I just wanna make suer the engine is up to handeling more power

i got quoted £1600 today for a Diesel Engine rebuild i nearly passed out, so spending £400 sounds to me like a bargain.

Id love a Turbo Diesel Engine in my Van but im told its near impossible im better off selling mine and buying a Turbo Diesel Van.

Wow thats a lot of money Mine is only gonna be so cheap as i am doing all the work myself