Confession time

PeeWee

Well after a long time slagging Apples iphone off im now the proud owner of one (yep thats right wwwd you heard right).

Im purely a microsoft man & have slated Apple plenty of times here especially the iphone. It all started a few weeks ago when I came in to my possesion an ipod touch (this is obviously an iphone without the phone features). I got to rather like it finding the apps & access to the net/emails very nice to view via the dual touch zoom & snoothness. It got me to thinking it was daft to carry the ipod & my Nokia around when I may as well take the plunge.

I still hate being tied to Itunes (yes I know all about the alternatives but basically they dont function as well).

So I publicaly retract my previous statements saying theyre rubbish.

I still stick to some comments though concerning various features missing that other phones had for years.

Also a pain having to use itunes to activate my own payg sim ive had years lol.

Edited by PeeWee

Well after a long time slagging Apples iphone off im now the proud owner of one (yep thats right wwwd you heard right).

Im purely a microsoft man & have slated Apple plenty of times here especially the iphone. It all started a few weeks ago when I came in to my possesion an ipod touch (this is obviously an iphone without the phone features). I got to rather like it finding the apps & access to the net/emails very nice to view via the dual touch zoom & snoothness. It got me to thinking it was daft to carry the ipod & my Nokia around when I may as well take the plunge.

I still hate being tied to Itunes (yes I know all about the alternatives but basically they dont function as well).

So I publicaly retract my previous statements saying theyre rubbish.

I still stick to some comments though concerning various features missing that other phones had for years.

Also a pain having to use itunes to activate my own payg sim ive had years lol.

I could rub your face in this Pete, but I won't :D

Glad you've opened up your mind to different technologies. I used to be exactly like you - I hated everything to do with Apple. And actually, I hated the older iPods and thought they were absolutely crap. Over-priced and hard to use.

But then I got my hands on an iPod Touch.

It was so awesome I carried it around everywhere. And carrying both my iPod Touch and Nokia phone was stupid, so I took the plunge and got an iPhone.

Best purchase I ever made.

I'm not too bothered about iTunes to be honest. I only connect it to iTunes probably once a month, when I want to add new music or videos. I like the way iTunes automatically backs up everything on my iPhone though, if you ever lose it then you can just get a new iPhone and restore all your data, numbers, etc.

Remember, the voice of reason is never wrong.

Well yeah, im, still no apple fan but the iphone I must admit is rather useful. Still hate the older ipods like you say. Seems like your route was just like mine lol.

Ive tried many so called iphone killers but none have the smoothness or multitouch functions like this.

Well yeah, im, still no apple fan but the iphone I must admit is rather useful. Still hate the older ipods like you say. Seems like your route was just like mine lol.

Ive tried many so called iphone killers but none have the smoothness or multitouch functions like this.

Exactly.

I've had a lot of alternatives but the iPhone is just fantastic. I might come across as an Apple fanboy, but the only Apple product I have is the iPhone! I don't like anything else made by Apple.

Exactly.

I've had a lot of alternatives but the iPhone is just fantastic. I might come across as an Apple fanboy, but the only Apple product I have is the iPhone! I don't like anything else made by Apple.

Im not going to mention the G4 I sold you again he he! I guess that didnt stay long then?

Exactly.

Im not going to mention the G4 I sold you again he he! I guess that didnt stay long then?

Unfortunately not!

I gave it a good go but in the end I've been brought up with PC's so I stayed with what I knew. The Apple OS was just too different and I couldn't get used to it.

i've just jailbroken my 3gs...WOW. £59.99 TomTom for free anyone? YES PLEASE! :D haha awesome!

I do like the Iphones but I just personally would not own one, seem to flimsy, and my luck with phones, I would probably sit on it, :D

i've so far;

Sat on it in back pocket with buttoned jeans on

dropped it twice on the pavement (once resulted in it skidding across the tarmac face first, but because of the scratch resistant glass/plastic you can't tell :-D mines awesome - i'll put it on par with my nokia 3210 back in the day - although that started ringing whilst in a wash ahahha

i to have pulled a homer - after years of slating the iphone - i now own a 16gig 3GS :blush: im yet to see whats so fantastic about the phones and as lee said, the lack of bluetooth functionality is downright frustrating - but i can check internet banking whilst im out - which is always handy!

emails where the same as with any other phone - but the net isnt as lightning fast as i thought it would be X(

Edited by dutchkev

Bluetooth for the Iphone has been around since like last October - Look for iBluetooth. To quote apple "There's an app for everything!!"

Welcome to the apple gang! you can never enter a argument about PC vs. Apple ever again! and even worse you'll now find yourself eventually drooling over those expensive apple mac's when visiting one of the shopping centres.

Its a sad conversion we go through :(