headlight slightly dimmer than the other - mot

mac456

Now thinking logically, are they going to look at it from a distance or are they going to look at it inside the test centre where they do the test? :unsure:

But.. if they have a light testing thing, it will come back different readings.

Anything different with lights is an MOT failure... On my missus' old pug, the lights were tinted, one was slightly darker than the other so they made her replace it... Then one was normal and one was smoked... Work that out eh! lol

makes me laugh realy when wanna be mechanics give advice on things esp when they aint mot testers.

only reasons for that to be a fail is either poor beam pattern or exccesivly poor light emit.

chances are its a bad earth to that lamp btw

and kev yours was full of condensation causing poor beam pattern totaly different thing

Stoney anychance of a breif guide on how you corrected your angel eyes mate ? I'm worrying about mine and my MOT is in a few weeks, I could change back to my original headlights but i'd rather it pass with the headlights I use.

yeah will pm you later matey at work atm :thumb:

makes me laugh realy when wanna be mechanics give advice on things esp when they aint mot testers.

only reasons for that to be a fail is either poor beam pattern or exccesivly poor light emit.

chances are its a bad earth to that lamp btw

so if its a bad earth, will they know this? and be able to sort it?