Fan Problems **Urgent**

Crazy fool

Hi guys,

My fan doesn't seem to operate on my car. Is this the thermostat? If so where is the switch for the fan as I am goin to London tonight and don't want the car overheating. I need to get the fan to keep on for when I'm stuck in gridlock. The temp gauge is iffy to say the least so I can never tell when my car is hot.

Cheers,

If the stat is faulty, then it can stop the fan coming on. There is a mechanical fan switch in the top hose. You can unplug this and bridge the connector (with a thick gauge wire, insulated) to put the fan on permanently. Alternatively replace the stat if the top hose doesn't get hot.

If the stat is faulty, then it can stop the fan coming on. There is a mechanical fan switch in the top hose. You can unplug this and bridge the connector (with a thick gauge wire, insulated) to put the fan on permanently. Alternatively replace the stat if the top hose doesn't get hot.

Thats what I thought. I will have a look at bridging the connection at lunch. Is that the switch on top of the thermostat which controls the fan. Or the ECU??