my car

escrt1.4i

lately i been driving my gti around and it seems to be drinking petrol quite badly usually its quite good just to clarify my car has a cat back magnex and 4 2 1 obx manifold and also recently has a new cat but still usually is good on petrol i think i need a new lamba sensor personally to sort a nother problem but would this also make it drink petrol

lately i been driving my gti around and it seems to be drinking petrol quite badly usually its quite good just to clarify my car has a cat back magnex and 4 2 1 obx manifold and also recently has a new cat but still usually is good on petrol i think i need a new lamba sensor personally to sort a nother problem but would this also make it drink petrol

is it still missfiring and drinking oil?

hmm i wouldnt say its missing just seems like a flat spot then sudden burst of power also occassional judder and oil id say yes as it still taps quite loudly but my dad thinks its down to tappets replaced 2 just wants me to replace the other 6 on the same side personally i think its new engine time as dont want to throw money at it if its not worth it but atm i dont have money for new engine

yes but a good running 100k miler is still better than a fucked lump with 70k on it. ;) zetecs are hardy and so long they are looked after they will go on forever, my old focus was a 2 litre blacktop and had about 140k on it, it run like it did when it rolled out the showroom in 2001 ;) never used a drop of oil or water

hmm i wouldnt say its missing just seems like a flat spot then sudden burst of power also occassional judder and oil id say yes as it still taps quite loudly but my dad thinks its down to tappets replaced 2 just wants me to replace the other 6 on the same side personally i think its new engine time as dont want to throw money at it if its not worth it but atm i dont have money for new engine

why just replace 2 tappets and not all 16 seen as u had stripped it down nearly all the way any way have you never heard of makin a rod for your own bk?

why just replace 2 tappets and not all 16 seen as u had stripped it down nearly all the way any way have you never heard of makin a rod for your own bk?

its only tappy on one cam so he thought tappets and my dad would prefer to get a low mileage engine really i have to kind of argue out the point,also when it comes to engine i leave it to my dad as hes good with stuff like that