a buyer moaning

scortpower

right this is the story, i were selling my sideskirts on ebay and had a person contacting me asking if i the splitter for sale aswell. now i did have it for sale so i sent a message back saying i have a mk1 splitter which needs trimming to fit the newer focus the mk1.5. i showed him a pic with my car with it fitted, anyway in the mean time he had gone onto the ffoc website and got told the same as i told him about trimming the splitter near the fog lights. so he were happy to buy it with this information. he also stated that the body shop he uses thrive on making things fit. so i send him the splitter of wrapped up and he receives it. few days later he is wanting a refund because he says it doesnt fit at all!! now i had this fitted on my focus so i know it fits. i think the case is he is not willing to make it fit so is now asking for a refund which i have refused. he has now told me there is damage to it and thats why it doesnt fit, now i wrapped it well and never noticed any damage apart from a bit of scraping underneath not that you will see it once fitted. i have told him to just stick it on ebay knowing that he will be able to make his money back. i said i will cover the fee to insert it. he now tells me that he is taking legal action after speaking to consumer rights or something. what can he actually do? where do i stand?

i know the splitter fits and advised him before i sold it him. have even said if he dont sell it for what he paid i will refund the difference so he isnt out of pocket but now come to think of it why should i? i had it fitted to mine and how do i know he has not damaged it?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its another case of "sold as seen"

all information purtaining to the sale were supplied and he was openly advised on the items requirement.

aslong as you have all the corresponance and have told him everything you have mentioned here then I wouldnt be worried.

as for the "consumer right"........... :roll: :roll: tell the tit to do one.

dont pay a feckin thing to him, that includes his resale fee....he's taking the royal yellow stuff

yeh payed by paypal, surely he cant take money out my account without my sayso

not unless paypal rule in his favour.

he'll have to go through the dispute process and going by what youve said he doesnt stand a chance.

i have the emails still saying about it needing trimming and so on, i also showed him a link of the same splitter that went for silly money so he cant say i ripped him off

retain all correpondence then.

a paypal dispute isnt like the buyer biased shite thats going on with ebay right now, they openly listen to both sides of the dispute and will request any relevant emails/messages :thumb:

yeh i have done, i were just looking at the emails and he asked me if it would fit a ordinary mk1 focus, it is a mk1 splitter he were actually wanting the mk1.5 splitter.

obviously his own mistaken purchase and therefore firmly his responsibility not yours......paypal will laugh at him :pancake: