a buyer moaning

scortpower

Firstly off, he's a w@nker.

Secondly, as others have already stated, if he claims through PayPal you're screwed. I'm not sure what Mike said is do-able but I'd try that - get the money out then close down the account.

Legal action? I'd just print out all the e-mails, messages and forum posts and keep them just in case. Then you'll have a decent defence.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

send fund from ya payla to your mate. Then take off your bank and card details so they can't take the money from your bank ;)

Then just ignore it lol

Hardly worth stuffing your account up for such a small amount though surely?

He then wont be able to buy/sell using his own details. :unsure:

if he decides to claim through paypal, he will win.

paypal ALWAYS find in favour of the buyer. done it to me several times. and they will freeze any money in there whilst a claim is made.

not true, I sold my old seperates monthes back and the buyer kicked off cos one of the units rubber foot no longer remained in place by itself (tho as the seperates sat on the foot it didnt matter as it didnt effect stability) of which I had honestly described in the ebay advert with a additional pictures of said problem.

buyer asked about it, I described the fault, he asked if it could be glued back in place, I said of course but I hadnt seen the point so didnt myself as it was just a half inch rubber foot.

he bought it....then a month later opened a dispute without warning or email saying the seperates were badly scratched and cosmetically damaged beyond usability, naturally I told him to gtf and requested pictures of the damage.

Sure enough there was massive scratches across the face of the seperates (all but one).

Paypal requested a response to the dispute and I supplied them with everything I had, including the time stamped pics of the seperates Id used for the sale.

two weeks or so later they sent me a email saying they had concluded their actions to the dispute in my favour and closed any further action upon my acount :P

This doesn't help for this transaction but may help you in the future.

My Mrs. takes pictures of everything of significant value from all angles sat on a newspaper (for the date) before sending anything.

I called her ridiculous for it but I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry! Especially since eBay clearly don't give a damn about sellers!

Edited by Martin

This doesn't help for this transaction but may help you in the future.

My Mrs. takes pictures of everything of significant value from all angles sat on a newspaper (for the date) before sending anything.

I called her ridiculous for it but I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry! Especially since eBay clearly don't give a damn about sellers!

You could probably learn from her then :pancake:

i have looked on the for sale section on the ffoc website, he has advertised it for sale before we have come to some sort of agreement, surely he shouldnt do that?

he also states he is not willing to make it fit now, ie trimming round the fog recess so again thats not my problem. on another thread he were saying he has a bodyshop who strive on making things fit!

i have printed off all the bits he has posted

did he pay with paypal? ifso - get your money out.

It can still be taken even if you withdraw it, just takes it from your bank.

want a bet? :cheers:

I can show you an example of one yes. £800 withdrawn from paypal in payment for car, three months later a dispute falling on the side of the seller. Result, car not returned and £800 returned to the buyers account.

right he has been in touch again, i told him i bumper my car with a old splitter on and now he seems to think i bumper my car with this splitter on lol so i have told him i can send pics of proof with the old splitter i damaged. he states he is doing what trading standards are telling him to do and he is making a dispute on paypal. i have asked him for pics of the damage.