a buyer moaning

scortpower

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right i asked for pictures of the damage he is telling me you can hardly see it now!!

this is the email i got

Noel

This is very frustrating now, as you advised me to try to sell the item, which I am doing, I cannot see your problem there. The item is split in at one corner, it is hard to see, but there nonetheless.

2 separate car body companies have advised that it will not fit my focus, it is not me saying it, it may well have been fitted to yours, however I am professionally advised it will not fit mine.

I will have to advertise this item as slightly damaged therefore I will not get back the cost I paid you, as I would need to be honest about the condition.

You agreed to pay any difference between my sale and my payment to you, and I am trying to get the best price I can. So what is wrong with what I am working towards?

You know as well as I do that the item was not fit for purpose, otherwise we would not be in this position now, we need to resolve however if you refund the cost I will return the item, or I can try to sell on and you make up the difference, or I take Trading Standard Office instrution for a more formal route. Please let me know which.

I am sorry it has come to this, however I have been as honest and forthcoming as I can.

Mate seriously :vangry: , tell him to Fcuking jog on :censored: and let him take it up with trading standards, he is trying to sound all "nicey nice" to you and telling you to make up the payment if he sells it.

E-mail him ALLLLL the proof you have of him being a nob and THEN tell him "Go on....feel free to go to Trading Standards, i'm sure they favour the innocent....."

Simple now Noel. Simply say you have taken legal advice & want no more contact unless via his legal representitive. You have taken legal advice to cut all personal contact & await a trading standards letter asking for evidence which you have plkenty to say you acted in good faith. Let him know your quite happy to speak to trading standards but no longer to him.

Noel! You will hear no more on the matter im sure. :thumb:

Can trading standards really get involved in a private sale between 2 individuals?

I think they can with it being through Paypal you know. :)

I doubt it tbh. Lets face it, this is a piddling private sale not a trading company so theyre hardly going to use valuable resources to investigate. They will advise the buyer to take it to the small claims courts (which I very much doubt he will).

The buyer is simply scaremongering & hasnt taken any such legal advice at all hoping Noel will buckle & refund him.

Just do as I said & im betting you will here very little on the matter again.

right this is the reply i got when i asked for pitcures again

In previous emails I stated I cannot sell this for much because it is damaged, £50 is the highest offer yet. Moreover it doesn't fit the vehicle, but that may or may not have anything to do with the damage.

The point is its damaged and therefore I can't sell this on knowing its damaged.

If your sure you can fetch £160 for it then you'll have no issue with refunding me my money and selling it on yourself. However its not my problem to sell this item on because its damaged.

However I must ask for a response to questions repeatedly asked in previous emails, posted below:

"we need to resolve however if you refund the cost I will return the item, or I can try to sell on and you make up the difference, or I take Trading Standard Office instrution for a more formal route. Please let me know which."

Simple now Noel. Simply say you have taken legal advice & want no more contact unless via his legal representitive. You have taken legal advice to cut all personal contact & await a trading standards letter asking for evidence which you have plkenty to say you acted in good faith. Let him know your quite happy to speak to trading standards but no longer to him.

Noel! You will hear no more on the matter im sure. :thumb:

F*ck e-mailing this idiot anymore.

Do what Pete said and you won't hear from him again.