Your Towns famous/Known for....

derby

core electronics ( inventors of computor games such as tomb raider.)

Brian clough

the rams

Roy Wood ( lead singer from band wizard who also sing that f*(kin annoying "i wish it could be christmas every day song) ( i also service his cars etc )

cant say me cuz iam not actualy from here lol

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back where I was born is famous for

Camel Lairds shipyard

Ferries that cross the mersey

And the first recreational park in the world "Birkenhead park" which was copied by the americans.. "Central park" in NYC was apparently based on BH park

Birkenhead Park is acknowledged to be the first publicly funded park in Britain.

It was the forerunner of the Park's Movement and its influence was far reaching both in this country and abroad - most notably on Olmstead's design for Central Park, New York.

Edited by Craig855S

I now reside in the smallest town in britain (Llanwrtyd Wells) in mid-Wales, it's mainly famous for the annual world bog-snorkelling championships, which might i add i took place in last year... never again!!!! Also home of the red kyte & andy powell was born just down the road, he's the guy that used to play rugby for wales but got kicked off the squad for thieving a golf buggy from the hotel & driving it down the M4 whilst nearly 3 times over the legal drink drive limit. ;)

Dudley

Duncan edwards ,england captain .busby babe ,killed in munich disaster,

lenny henry,

sue lawler,newsreader

norman pace ,hale and pace.

reanne evans ,ladies world snooker champion,

david burrows footballer ,liverpooleverton ,coventry

sammy allardyce football manager ,used to kick the sh*t out of me at school, when we played them at football

lower gornal earthquake epicentre 2002 :thumb:

Edited by kevscort15

Published Date: 16 December 2008

A 65-year-old man beaten by a gang after confronting them about damage to his car has died in hospital.

Peter Bryan, of Saffron Road, Higham Ferrers, had been in the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford since the assault on November 27 but died there yesterday, Monday, December 15

Also back before the internet in 80's an ex pupil of the school i was due to goto the next year came into the school and shot a teacher, he got him in the neck. the bullet holes remained in the walls for years, probably still there now. the pupil was rugby tackled to the ground by the PE teacher.

Back where I was born is famous for

Camel Lairds shipyard

Ferries that cross the mersey

And the first recreational park in the world "Birkenhead park" which was copied by the americans.. "Central park" in NYC was apparently based on BH park

Birkenhead Park is acknowledged to be the first publicly funded park in Britain.

It was the forerunner of the Park's Movement and its influence was far reaching both in this country and abroad - most notably on Olmstead's design for Central Park, New York.

Also famous for being a s**t hole near another s**t hole (liverpool)

stevie crawford was born in my town, it ihas a naval dockyard here, the draymin are from rosyth(indie band)

queen margaret passed through here 1000 years ago fleeing william the conqueror, (think she was in a cossie and he had a 1.4 lx),

famous for being the garden city,

only 3 miles from the ancient capital of scotland, anyone know what the ancient capital was ???