Scamming chancers..I haven't been scammed

Craig855S

Currently got my old laptop on gumtree, and a few old PS3 games on Ebay along with a couple of other bits and bobs, and I've received some intrest on the items. Some are dodgy

for the laptop I received an email asking "Item stil avaible?"

I replied with yes and asked when he would like to view it/pick it up and he replies with

"Could you post it to Nigeria, i'll pay £150 for your trouble bla bla"

then there is one of my PS3 games (GT5P) I received an email from a guy asking if I would post to Romania and if so how much for? Then I get a message from ebay saying the member who has just messaged me is a fraudulent account.

It Pees me off that these people exist, they try to "make a living" from acquiring money and or things for free. Fcuking scumbags. It makes selling stuff online overly complicated.

the guy said he was british...but he want in the country at the minute, and the laptop wasnt for him, it was for his son, who is a pastor, out in nigeria. WTF are these people on? Surely it'd be easier to say he is in norhtern england? More chance of me posting it then?

I think they're not actually after my laptop. Theyre after my email address or paypal details i think?

I think email accounts should be controlled so you can't "just get one" without YOUR personal details needing to be given. Why do these things like gmail even exist? what's wrong with using your ISPs email? They KNOW who you are.

Same reason hotmail exists, surely that wasnt a serious question? (if so im on the nigerians side). :pancake:

Peewee it was a serious question. There is no need for hotmail and gmail etc really as all (correct me if im wrong) ISPs give out email addresses. And they know what your address is, so if you email people purely to scam them, then they can report your email address to the police who will find your address out adn come get you. What im saying is if gmail and the likes ENFORCE you giving true personal details in, then you will get found out if you do the above.

It's getting to the point now that the chances of getting caught out by these twats are increasing massively.

Peewee it was a serious question. There is no need for hotmail and gmail etc really as all (correct me if im wrong) ISPs give out email addresses. And they know what your address is, so if you email people purely to scam them, then they can report your email address to the police who will find your address out adn come get you. What im saying is if gmail and the likes ENFORCE you giving true personal details in, then you will get found out if you do the above.

It's getting to the point now that the chances of getting caught out by these twats are increasing massively.

What about those without an ISP?

They should get one, cheapskates

or,as i said, enforce proof of ID to get a gmail or yahoo

I depend daily on simple made email account for my work for those unfortunate enough to not have the luxury of the internet never mind a computer.

Many things are abused, it doesnt mean they wernt a good idea.

They should get one, cheapskates

or,as i said, enforce proof of ID to get a gmail or yahoo

Not ideal for people who are travelling abroad, or have moved away to a different country for a couple of years. Changing e-mail addresses is a pain in quite a few cases.

And people such as myself don't like giving my personal e-mail address to just anyone, hence why I have a separate Hotmail account for eBay and other stuff.