Any electricians on here know about showers?

LiamGTR

Ok here is my dilema:

I turn on my shower to about number 4 or 5 which is about "just nice" temperature, but thn after a few minutes the red light on the shower will go off, but the water still runs...the shower goes FREEZING but then red light comes on again after a minute and all is well....does this every few minutes?

Will be phoning the guy my mam uses tomorrow, but for now just after some rough ideas any electricians have?

:cheers:

could be many things, like on a car. id get a proffesional in thats what was wrong on one of ours and did similar. it sensed water pressure was low so before you got burned it went cold. our red light didnt go off tho, do you have a string pull switch for the main power/fuse for the shower in the bathroom? if so does that go out when the shower light goes out (unlikely)?

Use a lower tepurature just for this last shower (I assume you'll be getting one later/in the morning?) it may help or it may not..But who cares since it'll be fixed by the end of tomorrow...If it takes a few days to get the man out then try a really cool tempurature, and see if it can hold the temp that low,or if it still cuts to stone cold?

as an electrician i might just know about this :)) some where there must be a cut off switch wether that be a pull chord or mains switch ? its not a mixer shower as you have an electrical feed somewhere ie the light you see.

could be a number of problems ie short somewhere, or as said dodgy thermostat, or Thermal cutout easy problem to rectify if the parts are available.