Focus ST170 Write Off

lewiscobley

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the thing though, there's allways someone to blame in an accident, no matter what falling asleep or pure lack of concentration, its still someones fault, and hardly anyone on here gets slated for doing such like, jump on the band waggon as usual ......

glad you were both ok anyways apart from a broken leg, got off lightly :)

this is the thing though, there's allways someone to blame in an accident, no matter what falling asleep or pure lack of concentration, its still someones fault, and hardly anyone on here gets slated for doing such like, jump on the band waggon as usual ......

An accident is a specific, identifiable, unexpected, unusual and unintended external action which occurs in a particular time and place, without apparent or deliberate cause. :innocent: hardly the case here is it.

An accident is a specific, identifiable, unexpected, unusual and unintended external action which occurs in a particular time and place, without apparent or deliberate cause. :innocent: hardly the case here is it.

well it wasn't deliberate was it?

he delibrately drove tired...... screams irresponsible behavior to me :rolleyes:

he delibrately drove tired...... screams irresponsible behavior to me :rolleyes:

agreed. i was driving back from MPH 09 and was feeling tired on the way back as it was dark, chucking it down with rain so i was concentrating alot more (only doing bout 50 on inside lane) and as soon as i could i pulled off and would have got my brother to take over driving cept he was worse than me (he was actually asleep) so i had few cups of coffee, one of those wonderful caffine shot drinks and rested for bout half hour till i felt up to continuing. someone else who hadnt stopped crashed a mile up from the services from nodding off. good lesson to be learned from this

just glad your ok, part from the broken leg but shame you had to kill such a good car in the process.

after driving on average 8 hours a night, 5 days a week for 5 years, I'd genuinely like to see some of you try it.

*I am in NO WAY condoning driving tired.

I have worked some of the most god awful mad hours jobs miles from home you'd care to imagine, from 3 shift double shifting to driving halfway across the country and half way back after a days work everyday for 14monthes straight and I can honestly put my hand up and say that if I felt tired, I didnt drive till I slept, even if that meant curling up in a snow covered car and kipping for a couple of hours.

after driving on average 8 hours a night, 5 days a week for 5 years, I'd genuinely like to see some of you try it.

I have worked some of the most god awful mad hours jobs miles from home you'd care to imagine, from 3 shift double shifting to driving halfway across the country and half way back after a days work everyday for 14monthes straight and I can honestly put my hand up and say that if I felt tired, I didnt drive till I slept, even if that meant curling up in a snow covered car and kipping for a couple of hours.

I sorta meant as a job, where you're not really permitted to stop...

but anyway... :)

I sorta meant as a job, where you're not really permitted to stop...

but anyway... :)

Im not aware of a job were dangerous levels of fatigue are legally exceptable?