About Time

PeeWee

An update for you 360 due on April 6th will finally allow usb memory sticks (up to 16gig but you can use two at once giving 32gig).

This will mean you can save your profiles, data & games to usb rather than the hard drive.

Its been a long time coming & a crafty limitation to stop us using external hard drives but welcome all the same. :thumb:

You can use hard drives, but a 500gb hard drive will still only be recognised/used as a 16gb hard drive, as far as I'm aware.

Correct!

Microsoft can expand the limit but wont due to the fact they sell overpriced hard drives of there own. Lifting the limit would effectively cut there own sales.

If you do decide to use an external 500gig drive like sidrick points out it will see only 16 gig, that saying you will still be able to use the rest of the drive on a pc as it only creates a parrition for the 360, so the whole drive isnt wasted. Hardly worth it though with low cost 16gig pens coming in at under £20?

I can use MicroSD with my 360... Via a Max Memory - Memory Card adaptor.

"Upto 16gb" recognised as one 16gb Memory Card pre-NXE or 32x512mb cards after NXE (gain access to each by renaming the card to MCard1, MCard2 etc... :()

Those wanting to know how to read the information on the usb pen after the update... Download Xport360 This will allow you to swap and change data on your PC.

So in theory this will allow an easier route for piracy... Stick the games on a USB pen(just like you can install games to HDD and soon USB Pen)... Chip 360 and play... none of this dual-layer disc faffing! :pancake: