MW2 EVO TEAM

shawdreamer

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, the sniping "tips" in here are alright if you want to sit in a corner or at a window, waiting to pick people off, but if you want to get better at actually using the rifle, try it on some smaller maps. Perks, sleight of hand, stopping power, steady aim

if you have sleight of hand pro, it enables you to bring the scope up quicker. Steady aim pro will allow you to hold your breath longer.

Also, if you try this on some smaller maps (like Terminal, Skidrow, etc) equip a handgun as secondary. You will get into situations on these maps where you will need to switch to your secondary. You can switch to a handgun quicker than ANY other secondary.

Uping your sensitivity also helps.. I'm on PS3 and play on 10 sensitivity.

Of course if you're having no success on smaller maps or you'd rather play hidden in rooms behind claymores, ignore this post.

hmm, the sniping "tips" in here are alright if you want to sit in a corner or at a window, waiting to pick people off, but if you want to get better at actually using the rifle, try it on some smaller maps. Perks, sleight of hand, stopping power, steady aim

if you have sleight of hand pro, it enables you to bring the scope up quicker. Steady aim pro will allow you to hold your breath longer.

Also, if you try this on some smaller maps (like Terminal, Skidrow, etc) equip a handgun as secondary. You will get into situations on these maps where you will need to switch to your secondary. You can switch to a handgun quicker than ANY other secondary.

Uping your sensitivity also helps.. I'm on PS3 and play on 10 sensitivity.

Of course if you're having no success on smaller maps or you'd rather play hidden in rooms behind claymores, ignore this post.

my suggestions to Ross were purely directed at early stage snipers such as himself, which would ultimatly allow him a better chance of earning more experience with a rifle while decreasing his risk of death during the first stages of his career.

I obviously use similiar tactics as what I explained and demonstrated to him in multiplay but have refined there usage and timing.

Sleight of hand is generally of small use in sniping unless you intend on repeatedly ignoring the point of sniping and getting into close qauter fights while steady aim is only really of use to a sniper once the "pro" level has been reached which inturn allows a sniper to maintain his aim longer.

as for "stopping power"......well imo an utter waste of a perk in sniping, a well placed shot to the head or torso without stopping power will kill a enemy first time everytime with a sniper rifle (particularly the Barrett or intervention), the perks only of use if the sniper is prone to badly aimed shots and relies on any point on the target being a kill shot.

as said handguns are by far the quickest secondary to select but generally lack stopping power, I personally prefere the use of a machine pistol as there only mildly slower to swap to than handguns and offer the added benefit of being able to put alot of lead in the air in sudden situations.

my suggestion is for anyone at any time. Not saying there us anything wrong with what you have said

didnt think you were?

my own sniper loadout Ive found is more applicable to early career snipers but by no means suitable to everyone elses game style.

what do u make of the shot guns, mate?

I tend to avoid them generally, specifically the model 1887 due to its incredibly unlikely abilities...... kill an enemy at 20m with a scattergun....surely bloody not?????.

at a push Ill use a spas12 for room clearance when using rush tactics as it has a good short range scatter but the automatics and semi's barring the M1014 are next useless as they promote panic use which ultimatly empties the magazine in seconds with little or no effect and leaving you stood with a empty gun that takes an age to reload.

You can do all these geeky little tactics all you want :P Won't help you when i'm just lying on the floor in the most stupid/random places and pick you off :P

Liam........ my secondary usually is a Thumper......I love blowing up prone campers :thumb:

tried some of your sniper spots on afghan shaw, didnt get on well with your "in the bush rite next to people" one as got spotted to easy might work better if starting the other side tho, got ok results from the spot next to it tho, only died once but think people cottoned on to someone camping (even tho only one found me) as only picked off around 5...but i didnt move a muscle so what can i expect.

bloody random map selection is peeing me off tho, in around 5+ hours its only put me in afghan TWICE so i cant try them lol keeps sticking me on the mostly crap new maps :(

tried some of your sniper spots on afghan shaw, didnt get on well with your "in the bush rite next to people" one as got spotted to easy might work better if starting the other side tho, got ok results from the spot next to it tho, only died once but think people cottoned on to someone camping (even tho only one found me) as only picked off around 5...but i didnt move a muscle so what can i expect.

bloody random map selection is peeing me off tho, in around 5+ hours its only put me in afghan TWICE so i cant try them lol keeps sticking me on the mostly crap new maps :(

well there is tidy little snipe spots on all the others but you seemed only keen on Afgan :pancake:

as for the bush thing, you have to make sure your on the right of the bush to stop random runners seeing you, it also definetly helps to have the desert camo :thumb: