pinouts for SLUG (GTi mk 6) and 2FBC (XR3i mk 5) ECU's (autodata i

Mad Man Measures

what your trying to do won't work without a loom change as th emk6 is internal pats (which can be disabled) and internal edis, whereas the mk5 is external edis which means changing the engine loom or wiring in the edis system, realistically you'd need to swap the fuse box and the car loom too and were talking a lot of trouble

what your trying to do won't work without a loom change as th emk6 is internal pats (which can be disabled) and internal edis, whereas the mk5 is external edis which means changing the engine loom or wiring in the edis system, realistically you'd need to swap the fuse box and the car loom too and were talking a lot of trouble

I alredy have wired in the EDIS unit and am getting spark at all 4 cylinders its just 1 of the injectors isnt working propperly it is running in paralell with the fuel pump

I'm still a bit lost why you've gone this route instead of just using the original GTI stuff? The engines aren't different enough to warrant the headache you are bringing onto yourself!

You recon? as the XR3i has external EDIS I didn’t think that the GTi stuff would be compatible and if it was it would only give the same performance as the GTi engine

I'm still a bit lost why you've gone this route instead of just using the original GTI stuff? The engines aren't different enough to warrant the headache you are bringing onto yourself!

You recon? as the XR3i has external EDIS I didn’t think that the GTi stuff would be compatible and if it was it would only give the same performance as the GTi engine

Actually you'd probably get marginally better flat out performance by using the GTi stuff... but only if you're not using a catalytic converter.... I can do a custom chip if this is the case..

Actually you'd probably get marginally better flat out performance by using the GTi stuff... but only if you're not using a catalytic converter.... I can do a custom chip if this is the case..

Cool, I do intend to get a decat and 4-2-1 manifould in a few months time how much I am looking for the chip?

Cool, I do intend to get a decat and 4-2-1 manifould in a few months time how much I am looking for the chip?

Depends on how much work is required really (probably not much/nothing). I think I have the maps for the SLUG ECU laying about somewhere so shouldn't be a problem to tweak them.

The way I would approach this is put all the GTI stuff back on (loom, ecu, injectors, maf, inlet manifold+tb) - get it running right and then the fuelling can be checked out on the road.

Depends on how much work is required really (probably not much/nothing). I think I have the maps for the SLUG ECU laying about somewhere so shouldn't be a problem to tweak them.

The way I would approach this is put all the GTI stuff back on (loom, ecu, injectors, maf, inlet manifold+tb) - get it running right and then the fuelling can be checked out on the road.

Right I put the GTI loom pats and ECU back in and now it wont start at all, the engine cranks but wont start