Full tank = pissing in the wind?

Dont get me wrong - i'm not bothered about how much i spend... i just want to compare 'eco' driving compared to my normal driving on the way back lol

5 hours in a full loaded beemer with comfort seats......or a seat ibiza with aircon and RCL lol....hmmmmm

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hold up traffic Lee, but if there is Fcuk all around and im in no rush ill set the cruise to below 60 (especially on A roadws, dual carriageway or not)

Problem with my car is that the throttle pedal is not super smooth in it's travel, it tends to "jump" from ever so slightly losing speed, to accelerating like a b*stard and going to 10MPG on the instantanious, so I leave it on cruise, If i had a manual i'd use my foot but autos are a bit wierd in how they run off throttle and on very low throttle settings...

It's not quite as severe as I made out Sidrick but I cant be as accurate on the throttle as I'd like to be so the speed rises and falls a lot wheras the cruise holds it perfect, when you overcome the notch in the throttle pedal its a higher opening than is required to maintain the speed.

Am I the only one who finds cruise control improves my MPG?

Did 600 miles in her couple of weeks ago and cruise control set at 77mph (private roads) definately did me well compared to trying to stay at that sort of speed 'manually'.

Hmmmmmmm :unsure:

Edited by gti.tom

Did 600 miles in her couple of weeks ago and cruise control set at 77mph (private roads) definately did me well compared to trying to stay at that sort of speed 'manually'.

not find if you hit a slight incline that the cruise wants to snap your neck in two? even more so in yours i expect lol soon as it hits a gradient it waits to lose speed then wants to compensate instead of realising its slowly losing speed and just feather the throttle? the Civic done that and was awesome - but i came back from Sheffield when ipicked the car up and on the straight roads the cruise was awesome.

600 miles = £130ish?

not find if you hit a slight incline that the cruise wants to snap your neck in two? even more so in yours i expect lol soon as it hits a gradient it waits to lose speed then wants to compensate instead of realising its slowly losing speed and just feather the throttle? the Civic done that and was awesome - but i came back from Sheffield when ipicked the car up and on the straight roads the cruise was awesome.

600 miles = £130ish?

I'll admit the cruise is a bit heavy handed sometimes, but if left to my own devices I'd probably give up on doing it manually and either turn the cruise on or just let the engine find a comfortable speed for me (usually over the limit lol)

Therefore,cruise stays on 90% of the time

Edited by Craig855S