leatherman

ganges

:innocent: I have great god googled is a leatherman (multi-tool with knife, for those that have never heard of one) street leagl, and there seems to be a grey area, the blade is only three inch so ok on that one, however there seems to be a diffrence of opinion because the blade locks, anybody shed some light on this, I always carry it, as it is damn handy but do not want to get on the wrong side of the law, :cheers:

if caught with a leatherman the police would either look into wether you had a reason to carry one ie work/hobby, or just book you for carrying an offensive weapon.

My wife carries a leatherman to work everyday and has never had a problem, and everyother day i see older chaps with knives in leather pouches on their belts and nothing is said, but i think the same thing on a teenager all mckenzied up might get a pull of the old bill.

but saying that yesterday Darren Day was convicted with carrying an offensive weapon which he claimed he used as a keyring but was a kubotan.

:cheers: guys still seeems to be a bit of a mixed opinion maybe will have to ask the old bill to put my mind at rest, I am 50ish so do not think i will have aprob but you never know in this day and age, and what side of the bed the old bill got out of that day

so we think in general, unless you are a hoody, thug looking yob, and the plod has got out of the wrong side of bed, I should be ok, that is what i thought, but it never hurts to ask for others opinions right or wrong, :cheers: still intrested in other opinions

so we think in general, unless you are a hoody, thug looking yob, and the plod has got out of the wrong side of bed, I should be ok, that is what i thought, but it never hurts to ask for others opinions right or wrong, :cheers: still intrested in other opinions

Yeah, in general.

Don't quote me on that though, I'm not clued up on the specifics of the law when it comes to David Letterman.

thought the old rule was if its longer than 3" or has a lock......its illegal? i'm sure a phonecall to your local station will confirm.

yeah that's a good rule of thumb.

Most leathermans - which have a locking blade will result in you being locked up, unless a lawful reason, trust me I know these things.

google section 139 of the CJA 1988.

plus its massive thing now with knife related crime on the up!

Why do you carry it every day? If you were a builder, with it on your belt along with other tools then the cops will be fine.. but carrying it every day everywhere you go..... Asking for a tug if you ask me..

well ok everyday may be a tad ott, but every working day, i use it a lot for work, opening boxes, and getting access to electrical equipment ect so its stuck to my belt, i dont ware it, when i do the shopping, or out for a pint that sort of thing, but of course there is the to and from work thing, if you get my drift.