urgent, easiest way to remove front bumper

danny1987

13mm ratchet spanner from underneath, or if you've not / don't want to remove the undertrays take the grille off and use the mechanics bend to get your arm in

i have a 13m socket on my ratchet but i just get get a good enough grip on it, must be a easy way to access it,

whole point of this anyway, i smashed my light and i cant get it out without taking off my bumper, now someone will tell me i can get the light out without taking it off lol.

13mm ratchet spanner from underneath, or if you've not / don't want to remove the undertrays take the grille off and use the mechanics bend to get your arm in

i have a 13m socket on my ratchet but i just get get a good enough grip on it, must be a easy way to access it,

whole point of this anyway, i smashed my light and i cant get it out without taking off my bumper, now someone will tell me i can get the light out without taking it off lol.

best to buy a 13mm ratchet spanner, makes the job much easier!

I found it worked easily enough with a mini socket wrench and a 13mm socket.

Do you have aircon?

no, but i have with a great arse hole of a struggle get all bolts out (or so i thought)

all bolts i can see are out eg. 1 either side of rad, 2 either arch, and it still wont ocm eout, its like the foamy rubbish is holding it on. what now? hope it doesnt get dark very quick

I found it worked easily enough with a mini socket wrench and a 13mm socket.

Do you have aircon?

no, but i have with a great arse hole of a struggle get all bolts out (or so i thought)

all bolts i can see are out eg. 1 either side of rad, 2 either arch, and it still wont ocm eout, its like the foamy rubbish is holding it on. what now? hope it doesnt get dark very quick

Firstly I hope you mean nuts NOT bolts.

Secondly There are four nuts not two. Two nuts either side & two screws either side of the arches.

As above, you really need a wratchet spanner 13mm to make light work of it.

Here you go, this might make it a bit clearer for you.

There are four nuts on the front cross member, two on each side, and I've highlighted them with the red arrows (well, the holes where the bolts would go)

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/23872.jpg

Incidentally, for those people with fogless bumpers, the blue connectors (circled) are for the front foglights if you want to upgrade to a fogged bumper. These are usually taped up under the arches and can be found easily when the bumper is off.

There are four nuts on the front cross member, two on each side, and I've highlighted them with the red arrows (well, the holes where the bolts would go)

Incidentally, for those people with fogless bumpers, the blue connectors (circled) are for the front foglights if you want to upgrade to a fogged bumper. These are usually taped up under the arches and can be found easily when the bumper is off.

thanks for this.... really helped alot, i did manage to get it finished! :D

Did you take your bumper off especially for this thread caled? :roll: