Slight scratches/marring

Hezz

My missus' puma has slight scratches on it, i've used the das6 with sonus sfx2 pad and menz final finish, then waxed by hand using megs sponge applicators and megs microfibres to buff off

its not come up as well as i would like - in strong sunlight i can still see these marks

am i:

a) reintroducing these marks using old/dirty megs microfibre cloths

b) not working the das6 / final finish polish enough

c) needing to get medieval and use sfx1 pad with menz intensive polish

:cheers:

i cant offer any practical advise as i havent got onto machine polishing yet but going on what ive been reading up on id suggest one of the latter 2 reasons. if you've waxed it already you will need to clay and cleanse the paint before you attempt more machine polishing. just make you have enough paint to play with if you're going to step up a gear. washing your microfibres wont harm either.

I would probably say a bit of B and a bit of C

Final Finish is a great refining polish, it only takes out the finest of scratches though.

Dont jump straight to C though, you need something like a 'C-lite' approach, try using the polishing pad with a medium cut polish, I would use PO85 RD 3.02 from my arsenal to give it a go (I dont know what you have), this might work well enough without going for a cutting pad. You will probably want to refine the finish after this so bear that in mind when you are assessing the results of the medium cut polish.

Remember, you cant put the paint back on, so take it of a little at a time until you are happy with your finish.