Moving xbox to a diff house and storage

KNITERIDER

Moved the xbox to gf's house last night switched it on and got it hooked to Internet. Now I had no profiles whatso ever so had to find my profile and save it to a memory card. Done that and went on mwf2 and have none of the stimulouse package so go to download it again (free as bought it already) and it says the memory ard doesn't have enough memory.

Two questions, why can't I use the xbox memory? And can I use a normal memory stick in the USB port rather than buying external memory?

Now I'm a bit of a technophobe what's a hdd? Il make sure it's all plugged in ok tho.

It's got no external drive it's a 60gig xbox arcade only had 2 games so it can't be full and only downloaded the stimulouse package? So what's your guess then? Cheers all :)

So I can get a 4gig memory card plug it in and I'm ok to use that to save to?

Is that what has the 60gig written on it? And when you say top do you mean when it's on it's end? Rather than flat? A pic would be awsum as I didn't even know you could remove them! Lol

Yea the grey thing with the silver bar going across it that says either 30/60/120/240GB on it.

Make sure you haven't knocked it out:

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox.../harddrive.aspx

And prey it hasnt been banged dring moving, hard drives dont like being dropped basnged or knocked hard.

Im betting it just needs re seating though.

Can I assume you cant access the games you have downloaded to it?

You can check in the setting page what media you have attached too. :thumb:

And prey it hasnt been banged dring moving, hard drives dont like being dropped basnged or knocked hard.

basically i pulled it from my house and drove tot he mrs with it on the passenger seat, dont think it got banged at all tho but it is bumpy on the country lanes!

basically i only play two games but i had no profiles or anything on there it also said wjhen i hooked up to internet i needed to have an update which it then said i didnt have enough memory for (odd eh?) so popped in mrs lads memory card did the update. then had to retrieve my gamer tag which also saved itself tot he memory card. went to play COD and notiiced i had none of the map pack so went to stimulouse section and it said i needed to download it so went to and again i had no memory.

im hoping its just unseated too!!!

basically i pulled it from my house and drove tot he mrs with it on the passenger seat, dont think it got banged at all tho but it is bumpy on the country lanes!

basically i only play two games but i had no profiles or anything on there it also said wjhen i hooked up to internet i needed to have an update which it then said i didnt have enough memory for (odd eh?) so popped in mrs lads memory card did the update. then had to retrieve my gamer tag which also saved itself tot he memory card. went to play COD and notiiced i had none of the map pack so went to stimulouse section and it said i needed to download it so went to and again i had no memory.

im hoping its just unseated too!!!

Nope not odd at all, the hard drive isnt being seen at all by the xbox so not enough room to do the update, just uncip & refit it again im sure it will be ok.