I heart Microsoft

danposs86

My 360 died on me a while ago, I did the x-clamps fix and it lasted just over 6 months before it died again, not bad for a £4 fix. I tried it again hoping to get another 6 months, but alas, it wasnt to be.

So I went on the look out for a cheap 360. I found on on eBay local to me being sold by an indoor market console games seller, it was up for £30. It had RROD. I went to have a look at it and found that it had been sent in for repair as it had new seal stickers. I had taken a few games with me that I hadnt played in ages, they came to £20, so for the sake of a tenner I bought it.

Got home and got straight onto the phone to Xbox to get the registration put in my name. While on the phone I asked if I could get it fixed because it had RROD. He said the warrenty had passed and that it would cost £80 to fix. I was a little gutted, however I checked online the day after and it showed that I could get it repaired for free.

Off it went, and 9 days later a package arrived, I had been tracking the order on UPS so knew it was due today, I quickly opened the box and there was a brand new 360 and 1 months Gold Membership for my 9 days of trouble.

Needless to say, I am quite happy now :D

Great news Dan, well done.

Although im sure you get 1 month free gold live with every new account you open.

was the casse the last time I created a new account.

coincidently Ive also never suffered the RROD fault and only ever had issues with a blown dvd drive and that was after years of faultless gaming

My new one is from the new generation of xbox's that are suposedly never succeptable to RROD (touch wood)

Although im sure you get 1 month free gold live with every new account you open.

coincidently Ive also never suffered the RROD fault and only ever had issues with a blown dvd drive and that was after years of faultless gaming

My new one is from the new generation of xbox's that are suposedly never succeptable to RROD (touch wood)

Indeed I can vouch for shawdreamers old one as its still going strong here with no rrod, just a replaced dvd drive done by myself. :thumb:

Indeed I can vouch for shawdreamers old one as its still going strong here with no rrod, just a replaced dvd drive done by myself. :thumb:

old faithful :pancake:

• 2 weeks later...