Disc Tray problem

Lee_2f2f

Morning all.

My 360 has a strange problem. When it is stood on its side The disc tray gets caught on something and will not open? yet if I lay it on its side it will open? ?(

I have taken the tray cover off and the XBOX faceplate off just incase it's those it is catching, but it isnt? Any Idea's would be great.

Morning all.

My 360 has a strange problem. When it is stood on its side The disc tray gets caught on something and will not open? yet if I lay it on its side it will open? ?(

I have taken the tray cover off and the XBOX faceplate off just incase it's those it is catching, but it isnt? Any Idea's would be great.

Ive heard of that one before and I beleive it had something to do with the disc itself not dropping back down into the tray properly after the rotor disengages, the disc then strikes the slot when it tries to eject.... dont recall how its fixed tho sorry :unsure:

Cheers Lee, but it is even without a disc in. :(

hmmmm thats a odd one then..... ejection motor dying perhaps? least if thats the case you can have it swapped out without need a flash or expensive fiddling :pancake:

• 2 months later...

Ok its a new dvd drive m8.. its a common problem with the toshiba drives

Or you can take your xbox apart under the sticker on top of the drive is a round disc turn it and it will open you can then put a few layers of pvc tape over the magnet so as to weaken itas this is the problem you are having...