COD Modern warfare 2

rs2k2008

best method is.......

PLAY THE GAME?

please dont be another one of those sad arsed idiots that use hacks and cheats to boost to lvl70 ptg10.....not only is it pathetic, you ruin the matches of other genuine lvl70's who end up having some useless c*nt on their team who's only good for being killed multiple times and losing them the match.

If you want some live tips in a private match Ill happily help, but I cant obide cheats atall.

I don't think he wants to cheat his way to a higher level, I think he just wants advice on what games to play to correctly earn himself level ups, and I find that to be domination since i can get thousands of points per game wheras on TDM im lucky to get average 1200 points

s above, were on eart did i say i want to cheat?

twas a cautionary note.

as said, Ill give you some live pointers if you want, I prefere TDM personally and Ive developed tactics to suit, domination unfortunetly encourages camping, infact tbf if you generally wish to score large KDR's or capture points on domination you have to camp as generally most apposing teams will be mostly made up of the majority of ninja pro campers too.

Only just started to get into this, a bit late i know. But whats the quickest way to level up i use the hardcore headquaters matches and find it that gives me the best points. What do you find best, and what weapon setups do you have?

Lol... the responses have been fairly unhelpful so far tbf.

There is no "set" way to level up. Different things work for different people. Me, I'm a Search & Destroy player. I'm generally pretty decent at it.

Search & Destroy

It is worth a LOT of XP. 500xp per kill, 500xp for planting/defusing the bomb. 1000xp for first blood/headshot (I think).

What Search & Destroy won't really allow you to do is build up your kills, rank up weapons or perks etc. Therefore, it's not really your best bet.

Team Deathmatch and Domination

XP for kills in Team Deathmatch is 100.

XP for kills in Domination is 50

Domination is generally better for XP. This is mainly because you can capture flags (I think this is worth 300xp) and the game goes on for longer, meaning more XP is attainable, depending on your play style obviously

What both modes allow you to do though, is rank up weapons. The more weapons you use, the more challenges you will eventually complete. So don't get bogged down too much with one gun (easier said than done). Similarly, don't use the same perks, or killstreaks. The more you use, the more challenges you will complete. Challenges = XP = ranking up quicker.

Headquarters

Obviously you are aware that this is similar to TDM/Domination for kills, but you earn XP until the enemy destroys the HQ. This is a good way of levelling up, but in my experience, you need a good team around you, otherwise its useless.

Unlike with Domination, where you could capture a load of flags on your own, you don't have to rely on your team quite as much.

Sabotage / Demolition

Sabotage games have a 20 minute time limit. However, the object of the game is to plant the bomb and there is only one round. I've know Sabotage games to be over in under two minutes, and thats how I play them (ie, not to get prolonged team deathmatch type games) This is probably no use.

Demolition is similar - plant the bomb, you get XP. Defuse, you get xp

So like I said, there is no "set" way. It depends on a lot of factors. If you're playing a lot of HQ, and you're comfortable with that game mode, I would suggest using a range of guns/perks to do the challenges. That will be a good mix of getting XP :thumb:

I'm currently trying to get back to level 70 myself, so I'm levelling up. My set ups look a little like this..

UMP w/silencer, marathon, stopping power, ninja

UMP Akimbo, marathon, lightweight, steady aim (trying to get steady aim pro, hence akimbo)

Vector w/ silencer, marathon, cold blooded, ninja

Intervention, sleight of hand, stopping power, steady aim

ACR, scavenger, stopping power, ninja

Tar, Stiner, selight of hand, cold blooded, ninja - for shooting down air support, which is also a good way to get XP

Only perk I have never used is Last Stand, which is for scrubs :)

I played this a lot yesterday I actually got quite good with the intervention on Wasteland and highrise, so that might be my setup of chocie on those maps, And ive been watching lots of machinima vids on commando rushing and im tempted to try that later, see if it helps my KD

I played this a lot yesterday I actually got quite good with the intervention on Wasteland and highrise, so that might be my setup of chocie on those maps, And ive been watching lots of machinima vids on commando rushing and im tempted to try that later, see if it helps my KD

Wasteland is really only suitable for two certian tactics if your chasing kills and xp, those would be sniping or rushing.

both tactics are the weakness of each, rushers are easy spotted by snipers but at the sametime rushers are usually the most likely to close on an enemy snipers position undetected or atleast with the speed a zigzag pattern run that makes a snipe shot shockingly hard.

Highrise is alot more variable than the previous in useful weapon classes, all types can prosper on this map, I personally use a non-standard rig for this map but just about any setup works if you use it right.

ACR

Thermal scope

PERKS

Scavanger Pro

Lightweight Pro

Commando Pro

Just for Craig.

If your gonna try commando rushing then there are a few tactics you need to get used to to make it useful.

1.Never stop moving unless your 100% sure your safe.

2.Use a silenced weapon, if your rushing you wont be using a heartbeat equiped weapon so you'll need to watch for gunfire on your map....at the sametime its how you can be seen

3.Get used to how each map is used by players so you can identify likely locations of the other team and likely travel routes used.

4.Stay out of the open as much as possible.

5.Try and be unpredictable in your movement across the map (a good example of this is the Rundown map, on start up immediatly run to the furthest bridge away from you and cross it into the enemies spawn area....good for 4-5 early kills often)

Ideal "rush" setup IMO.

UMP

Silencer

MAGNUM

Tactical knife

PERKS

Marathon pro

Lightweight pro

Comando pro

Edited by shawdreamer

5.Try and be unpredictable in your movement across the map (a good example of this is the Rundown map, on start up immediatly run to the furthest bridge away from you and cross it into the enemies spawn area....good for 4-5 early kills often)

Ideal "rush" setup IMO.

UMP

Silencer

MAGNUM

Tactical knife

PERKS

Marathon pro

Lightweight pro

Comando pro

:thumb:

My "Rundown" tactic for Dom and Search, rarely fails.