How to spruce up head lamps?

rs2k2008

Im about to put my lexus up for sale so need to tidy it up. The front headlamps are looking sun damaged and just worn and tainted. So what im asking is how can i get them looking good again, so there at least looking fresh?

:cheers:

interior.

take em off, remove bulbs, sit them face down on the front lawn and tip some boiling water into the units, chuck in a squirt of fairy and leave the water to evaporate in the sun.

exterior

wipe down with some degreaser.

The water will take months to evaoprate!? I've got some moisture in my n/s projector headlight and it's been there for months now, and it's been good weather here apart from 1 or 2 days

god Liam your dim,

1. I didnt say "fill it", any person with a drip of common sense knew I was referring to a splash at most.

2. The water in your light doesnt evaporate cos its got nowhere to evaporate too you numpty southern bum bandit....THE HEADLIGHTS A SEALED ATMOSPHERE, it evaporates - condenses - pools again then does it all over again :rolleyes:

interior.

take em off, remove bulbs, sit them face down on the front lawn and tip some boiling water into the units, chuck in a squirt of fairy and leave the water to evaporate in the sun.

Why not just take to them with a bottle brush and then rinse them out and empty them so they only need a little evaporation?

as for the exterior, maybe try VERY VERY fine wet and dry paper (wet)

The water will take months to evaoprate!? I've got some moisture in my n/s projector headlight and it's been there for months now, and it's been good weather here apart from 1 or 2 days

THE HEADLIGHTS A SEALED ATMOSPHERE, it evaporates - condenses - pools again then does it all over again :rolleyes:

In all fairness in the event of projectors they are not sealed like standards. There are holes in the rear that "should" have rubber tubes coming from them to prevent misting.

i re did my supra lights (when i had it) by using cutting compound on the front of the lenses with a 12 v random orbital then progressing to finer grades of polish they looked spot on after that. i suppose you could do it by hand but it would take longer.