Finding out how much a number plate is worth

RobMk6

As said it's only worth what someone is willing to pay, the companies that sell plates (not so much the DVLA directly) may pay you pittence to take it off your hands, and then try and sell it on for a LOT more (since it almost says sean)

BUT, since what it really says is a completely standard reg number (1 letter followed by 3 random numbers, then 3 letters) its probably not worth an awful lot, Had it have been S3 EAN then it wouild be worth a lot more.

Did you buy it or did it come with the car?

NEWREG would want almost 3 grand for S34 EAN, it's rediculous what some of them are "worth"

I mean, 25 grand for GLO 55Y for fucks sake... For that money I'd want a glossy car thrown into the deal!

nah it came on the car, new reg sent an "automated valuation" for it at £950....

prob gonna sell plate and strip car, or sell plate, re-register then sell car.... not sure

is anyone in the know with private plates? i've never dealt with it and dont have a clue how the system works....

im assuming retention is holding the plate on paperwork with not actually having the car it came from, but how long can you keep it that way?

nah it came on the car, new reg sent an "automated valuation" for it at £950....

prob gonna sell plate and strip car, or sell plate, re-register then sell car.... not sure

is anyone in the know with private plates? i've never dealt with it and dont have a clue how the system works....

im assuming retention is holding the plate on paperwork with not actually having the car it came from, but how long can you keep it that way?

i think you'll be struggling to get anywhere near that ..mines only valued at £550 ... but as i said... only worth anything at all if someone wants it ....also 'retention' you have to renew every year at £80 a pop if i remember

i think you'll be struggling to get anywhere near that ..mines only valued at £550 ... but as i said... only worth anything at all if someone wants it ....also 'retention' you have to renew every year at £80 a pop if i remember

It used to be £25 each year, £80 transfer fee, but when you put it on retention its £105 for year which includes the transfer onto another vehicle

Thats how much it was the other year when I sold the plate off my Escos (C2SSV)