RE-TRIMING MY HEADLINER AND DOOR CARDS.

bad ass cossie

Hi guys iam going to re-trim my door cars and head liner in red accustic carpet.

What is the best spray glu to use and were can i get it from thanks.

any high adhesive low seepage upholstery glue will do the trick, available all over Egay :thumb:

i want to do this, is it hard to do as i may have a go myself

bit tougher with acoustic carpet given its thickness (tho by no means difficult or impossible) but do'able.

Id personally suggest a felt type cloth for doorcards as it has more stretch and flexibility which is beneficial when it comes to curvy surfaces.

Edited by shawdreamer

i want to do this, is it hard to do as i may have a go myself

bit tougher with acoustic carpet given its thickness (tho by no means difficult or impossible) but do'able.

Id personally suggest a felt type cloth for doorcards as it has more stretch and flexibility which is beneficial when it comes to curvy surfaces.

Thx mate :thumb:

i agree you do need thinner stuff , i used bass carpet on my doors and its just to thick to make curves with etc around the edges and dont go on that nicely , use thinner stuff :)

like what tho i have no idea lol i was told accustic carpet the rubbish they use on sub boxes would do

would this stuff do

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8M-RED-LEATHER-FABRI...=item41514f7802

i agree you do need thinner stuff , i used bass carpet on my doors and its just to thick to make curves with etc around the edges and dont go on that nicely , use thinner stuff :)

like what tho i have no idea lol i was told accustic carpet the rubbish they use on sub boxes would do

would this stuff do

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8M-RED-LEATHER-FABRI...=item41514f7802

maybe this will help,

faux leather (available in limited colours and can be awkward around multiple curves)

felt fabric (readily available in multiple colours, cheap, flexible enough to cope with curves)

Alcantara (more expensive option, very much like felt to use, limited colours, harder wearing than felt)