Double DIN stereos

TC-DNB

Looking at buying a touch screen unit (one of the double DIN ones). Anyone got one?

Anyone know of any good ones or have any advise on them? Are they worth getting? Im thinking DVD etc would be pretty good.

Cheers, Tom

younger sisters fella has one of those cheap ones off eGay (£80odd from chinkland) he got it a month or so back and tbf its actually not to bad, simple setup, nothing to fancy (he cant get his satnav to play fair with it) but he told me the other day he has a HDD hooked into it now and it works spoton for stored Mp3's and DivX format videos.

And my Brother-in-law has one of the more expensive jobs in his S4 (even that had issues with his satnav too)

Thanks mate, just seen this and got me thinking 7" Touchscreen

Then thought quite a big spec for the price...maybe cheap shite? I know the Halford Ripspeed ones are crap because my mate had one years ago and it was proper pony lol

not 100% sure but from what I recall when having a mess about with it, this is the one he bought (tho its strangely now priced much higher)

clicky

I wired up his sound systems amp so I know it has pre-outs aswell as standard speaker outputs and its sound qaulity atleast measured upto my own system running off a alpine HU (though mine has better bass clarity at high volume, partly due to a better amp & speakers aswell as the HU)

all in all I was reasonably impressed for the money he spent.

if i was u i wud b lookin more in2 a head unit with per-outs n blue tooth. when r u really gonna watch a dvdin the car. if u think u wil watch it loads then get a protable dvd player n plug it in the head unit

portable dvd player is neither practical or asthetically pleasing.

word of advice to the wise off topic.

"Text speak" really really.....REALLY doesnt go down well on this forum, take the time, type the entire word how you was taught in school, its not brain surgery. :thumb:

Edited by shawdreamer

"Text speak" really really.....REALLY doesnt go down well on this forum, take the time, type the entire word how you was taught in school, its not brain surgery

the way i c it is if u want my help its up 2 me how i type, if u dont like it then tuff, ban me off here is the most u can do