fse power boost valve

mrfixit

zetecs do have a natural flatspot

You mean this barely noticeable dip in the power curve? :)

http://di.cx/gallery/d/5489-2/eec_vs_ms_rr_01.jpg

I doubt anyone is really feeling that in the car.

Yes. If you are looking for a flat spot to fix with a shiny part that claims to iron out flat spots, thats the badger.

Have you got a few more scans of different graphs to show how consistent the flat spot is across a range of different zetec 1.8's?

To answer the question either way, no a boost valve won't fix the problem. Yes you have a prob with you car. Thread answered.

how do you work that out thread answered i still dont know it thay are any good i still dont know whats wrong with the car or is it that i just notice the flat spot moor than most people would

It been answered. No they arnt any good. No it won't fix the flat spot.

That was your question wasn't it?

As to the spot itself I'd imagine if it was having such an effect it would be caused by something not working on the car.

It may be that whatever the fault happens to be it is making the natural flatspot worse. If it was a fuel pressure issue I'd imagine the higher rev range would suffer.

Either way the boost valve won't help. If it is fuel related I'd be looking at fuel pump and injectors. Personaly I'd say it's a breathing issue be it vaccuem or cat/lamba realted bit that is a guess. I'd go to a garage or replace parts till it goes away.

It been answered. No they arnt any good. No it won't fix the flat spot.

That was your question wasn't it?

As to the spot itself I'd imagine if it was having such an effect it would be caused by something not working on the car.

It may be that whatever the fault happens to be it is making the natural flatspot worse. If it was a fuel pressure issue I'd imagine the higher rev range would suffer.

Either way the boost valve won't help. If it is fuel related I'd be looking at fuel pump and injectors. Personaly I'd say it's a breathing issue be it vaccuem or cat/lamba realted bit that is a guess. I'd go to a garage or replace parts till it goes away.

thanks the car run well starting, driveing it just at the rev rang that it plays up i am with you on that it might be the cat. the car as done 87 grand with full service history the only thing that has not been change from new is the cat if it was the lamba sensor than would it not show moor of the time. i have checked the breathes ie all pipes joints ect

Have you got a few more scans of different graphs to show how consistent the flat spot is across a range of different zetec 1.8's?

It's not a flat spot nor do you really notice it in the car. I specifically said "power curve" not "torque curve" as the power curve is what you notice under acceleration, and as per the graph, is a barely noticeable change.

Then you have a problem with your car. It didn't do that when it left the factory so really you should look at resolving whatever the issue is than buying aftermarket snake oil.

Any sensor on the car when faulty can cause 'flat spots'. Air leaks on the inlet tract can too (in relation to MAF). Best to get a garage to diagnose which sensor is faulty rather than you potentially wasting more money randomly replacing them one by one until it (hopefully) goes away.

i got my own fault code reader and it dos not report any think wrong with the sensors or any think else plus i have a vacume guage that dont show any leaks

Code reader wont tell you that the cat is a bit blocked, the MAF isnt working properly or if there is an air leak on the inlet somewhere.

It needs closer looking at i f the flat spot is anything more than normal (zetecs do have a natural flatspot) then I wouldnt be looking at fitting a FSE valve, all you do with that is risk ruining the fuel pressure.

You can get code readers that tell you if there is an air leak.

boost valve?

Ive heard they do wonders when used in conjunction with electric super chargers.

i give up on the boost valve. i now think that its my cat every think else seem to be ok but i have found out that cat larst about 8 to 10 years on average mines 12+ so time to change it but i might give it a pressure test first