How to adjust gti rear brakes?

Grant Gti

As title really im upto the max at the adjuster on the handbrake lever so just wondered how to adjust at the drums as theres a fair ammount of meat on the shoes so wanna losen off the handbrake lever adjuster and do it on the drums just incase i need to do it again over winter dont wanna be gettin wet and workin on the car when it cold have been prevented lol thanks in advance :thumb:

As title really im upto the max at the adjuster on the handbrake lever so just wondered how to adjust at the drums as theres a fair ammount of meat on the shoes so wanna losen off the handbrake lever adjuster and do it on the drums just incase i need to do it again over winter dont wanna be gettin wet and workin on the car when it cold have been prevented lol thanks in advance :thumb:

heres a link to the haynes manual http://www.kivisite.hu/ford_pdf/

heres a link to the haynes manual http://www.kivisite.hu/ford_pdf/

Thanks but i have a manual here but it doesn't seem to cover rear brake adjustment :thumb:

Thanks but i have a manual here but it doesn't seem to cover rear brake adjustment :thumb:

They're self adjusting. As per manual, you need to loosen the handbrake cable completely - pump the pedal a few times in order for the adjusters to set correctly - then adjust the handbrake cable. If you don't loosen the cable completely then the handbrake lever becomes part of the setting and you'll be readjusting it every couple of weeks.