On Board Diagnostics (OBD)

mclovin9091

i also tried cheepo fault code reader was suppose to be obd11 compliant but did not work on my 1998 1.6 si luckily i could try it first before buying :thumb:

A '98 1.6 is OBD-I using Ford's own communication language. You need a reader that supports Ford DCL to be able to read the codes from this car.

where would i get one of these ?i hear you do some :thumb:

i also tried cheepo fault code reader was suppose to be obd11 compliant but did not work on my 1998 1.6 si luckily i could try it first before buying :thumb:

A '98 1.6 is OBD-I using Ford's own communication language. You need a reader that supports Ford DCL to be able to read the codes from this car.

Yes I can make these. Unfortunately the processor I use has been out of stock at the supplier for weeks now, and I'm waiting for new supplies to come in.

Yes I can make these. Unfortunately the processor I use has been out of stock at the supplier for weeks now, and I'm waiting for new supplies to come in.

its ok dont need one at momment but can you post a note on here to let me know when you have them and how much cheers

What IC do you need Steve? I may have something laying about.

What IC do you need Steve? I may have something laying about.

Hi Stu. I'm using Atmel AT90USB646-AU. I normally get these from Farnell but they've been out of stock for weeks.

http://onecall.farnell.com/atmel/at90usb64...tqfp/dp/1748497

As well as the 646 I can also use the 647, 1286, or 1287 but some of these have now been discontinued in the TQFP package so are even more difficult to get. If it goes on much longer I'll redesign with a different processor.

Hm I have various USB AVR's indoors but nothing I think will be a pin for pin compatable match i'm afraid. I have an account with the Atmel distributor if you want to buy 48 or so of the AT90USB646-AU? Let me know.