X Factor - Auto tune, Wtf?

Naylor2006

i heard the dodgy effects when when watching it aswell but didn't realise it was autotune. They've said the sound was touched up afterwards and they contestant were put through on what they heard at the time not the recording, and that it won't be used for the live show, so with that in mind I don't see an issue.

I do see an issue if its used in live shows were the public vote for who they believe to be the best singer.

Autotune requires presets, i'm interested to know if it was pre planned, it would have to be to be a live effect or has a sound engineer dressed up the vocal channel post recording?

They can't possibly use it on the live shows, but they probably will.

I think your probably right yes, it can be used live but in this instance I would imagine post recording.

As for Cowel & talent yes, I meant talent as in able to spot and develop then sell his chosen product.

Meh, every-single-song ever to be released on CD etc. has been touched up in some way, this is no different. People need to chill the phuck out and stop caring about rubbish

This has nothing to do with studio production Liam, how can you judge a persons raw talent if its enhanced artificially?

Songs recorded in a studio are put through an array of post production by engineers who are very tallented in sound production so they can get the best sound for the listener, in an audition being judged this should not be taking place.

Its a discussion thats been raised (rather a good one actually).

Should all threads be limited because "people need to chill out and not care" about a subject?

You yourself cared enough to air your view on the subject did you not lol?

Who really cares about raw talent, when who ever wins and makes a single/album, it's going to get edited to the high heavens anyway ?

I guess i'll leave this topic now though, i don't watch X-Factor.

Nor do you understand what the topics about.

Nor do you care.

Before a persons talent can be established you need to see what they can do unaided (this is an audition).

Contrary to popular belief you cant make a bad recording sound good simply through effects, the good sound has to be there first regardless.

Who really cares about raw talent, when who ever wins and makes a single/album, it's going to get edited to the high heavens anyway ?

I guess i'll leave this topic now though, i don't watch X-Factor.

Nor do you understand what the topics about.

Nor do you care.

Before a persons talent can be established you need to see what they can do unaided (this is an audition).

Contrary to popular belief you cant make a bad recording sound good simply through effects, the good sound has to be there first regardless.

X-Factor people have addressed the question now, turns out it was used post production to give the viewers a better experienced, the Judges were apparently judging what we would have liked to hear.

I guess their idea backfired, the reason was that they thought that on TV the live experience would be lost somewhat but I cant remember it being a problem last year, still I think i prefer the stripped out auditions. The live shows must make them a whole bunch more money!

The thing that bothers me is that someone somewhere whos getting paid alot of money decided it would be a good idea, well at least more than one person would have done to get it through. If someone came to me and said that they were thinking of putting autotune on the broadcast show I would have said, 'Are you stupid?, Its a vocal auditon!'

Jedward got a bit of the autotune treatment on last years live shows but that to be fair didnt bother me as much as I loved watching Danni get more and more annoyed as her artists kept loosing out to them. Infact the judges, bar Louis, kept banging on about how it was a signing comp and it was outrage, funny that when that is exactly what issue is here.