how to do detailing??

rs2k2008

915 is more expensive, has more carnauba, marginly less durable, marginly better finish.

To be honest, I wouldnt buy 915 over 476, for a fancier wax I would look towards Dodo Juice, which is why I have Supernatural in my box.

Is this a good price then you think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bilt-Hamber-Soft-Cla...=item1c1337348a

Will the 476 be better than the megs nnxt2 pasteI asked you about a few months back that I now use?

Edited by PeeWee

cheers trig

915 is more expensive, has more carnauba, marginly less durable, marginly better finish.

To be honest, I wouldnt buy 915 over 476, for a fancier wax I would look towards Dodo Juice, which is why I have Supernatural in my box.

Will the 476 be better than the megs nnxt2 pasteI asked you about a few months back that I now use?

that's a good price, wish i'd of seen that before i bought the 2 separate

cheers trig

that's a good price, wish i'd of seen that before i bought the 2 separate

Im not sure you know. You paid £13 for the wax & the clay is only £12 posted so I think you may have got the better deal depending if your wax included postage? That link I showed comes to £27 inc postage.

If your wax was around £2 postage its probably around the same price?

my dad washes his escos with a bucket and a sponge, i wouldnt really call that 'ruined' lol

its just after that what makes the paint work pop!

Didnt he have it mopped a few months back? Poor washing technique will only inflict the swirls all over it again and in a relatively short time it will look like it needs mopping again.

a pic of the escos in question,i can honestly say i see this car a lot and its amazing,and the countless amount of times he's been asked is it the original paint.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh146/bongo2008/Aug2010186.jpg

my dad washes his escos with a bucket and a sponge, i wouldnt really call that 'ruined' lol

Didnt he have it mopped a few months back? Poor washing technique will only inflict the swirls all over it again and in a relatively short time it will look like it needs mopping again.

a pic of the escos in question,i can honestly say i see this car a lot and its amazing,and the countless amount of times he's been asked is it the original paint.

It will look great if mopped, what trig is saying is that a sponge will inflict damage on the paintwork, which no matter how nicely you can rate it is a simple fact.

Edited by PeeWee

Done my car over yesterday.

This is how I do it anyway.... Rince, apply auto glym tar and bug remover to front bumper and around wheel arches, clean off using dodo juice supernatural shampoo and dodo juice yeti mitt, rince, clean again with same stuff, clean wheels with auto glym wheel cleaner and brush, rinse whole car and wheels, use a clay bar (the stuff I get is corm ho g kong and £8 a bar) with dodo born slippy concentrate, then a layer of dodo juice need for speed then 2 layers of dodo juice light fantastic wax.

The all the plastic trim and tyres done with turtle wax ice polish, all the fiddely bits with cotton buds and the winnows with windowleane.

Looks like a driving mirror now! Lol

Ive seen it loads too, and Ryans Dad would definitley benefit from having a look at his washing technique. If he can wash without inflicting swirls, then he wont have to polish it at the beginning of a show, all the hard work can be done at the beginning of the season and a couple of layers of wax will keep it protected all year, just a good wash technique throughout the year to reduce washing swirls and a spritz of quick detailer and its back to looking its best, no polish required.

• 3 months later...

as i mentioned earlier look on detailingworld.co.uk, amazing site - if you're interested in this stuff i can't recomend it enough!

a spone is a flat surface - any grit you loosen has nowhere to go and is dragged across the surface of the car, creating the swirls you see (think of a sponge as 2D). if you use a wash mitt this is considered 3D - any grit you remove falls into the fibres of the mitt and is not dragged across the surface. commonly 2 buckets are used - a wash bucket and a rinse bucket. you use the wash bucket with soap to wash the car (with a mitt ofcourse) and the rinse bucket to dip the mitt in to remove any grit you picked up, so you are not putting the grit back on the car.

snow foaming can be an important part of the wash proceedure as its purpose it to loosen larger grit particles so they are removed before you wash with a mitt - reducing the chances of inflicting paint damage. perhaps not neccesary as part of a weekly regime but definately if a car is really filthy or the weather has been particularly bad eg lots of grit from wet roads.

trig - i thought you might be interested to know:

i cant machine polish myself (intending on learning but simply havent got around to it) so you may choose to take this with a pinch of salt BUT i have read numerous times on detailing world that the point about easily damaging paint is a common mis conception. whilst ofcourse paint damage is possible its not as easy as people make out and given appropriate preparations ie paint depth readings and practice on scrap panels that machine polishing is perfectly safe. food for thought perhaps.