Repairing bodykit cracks

gazeebo

Hi all.Can anyone shed any light on what is the best method and what to use to repair cracks in my bodykit sideskirts.They are the Cossie type and are cracking in the normal places just underneath the door openings/gaps.Probably the best way would be to remove the skirts/arches and use fibreglass on the other side to repair the cracks then fill them on the other side but that would be a helluva job as they are all moulded,filled and sprayed onto the bodywork.I'm aware of the pitfalls of fitting aftermarket bodykits especially the Cosworth type what with all the moving and stretching of the kit once it's on the car but it does look good.Any help,tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.Gaz.....BTW,the car is/was a white K reg XR3I.

Hi all.Can anyone shed any light on what is the best method and what to use to repair cracks in my bodykit sideskirts.They are the Cossie type and are cracking in the normal places just underneath the door openings/gaps.Probably the best way would be to remove the skirts/arches and use fibreglass on the other side to repair the cracks then fill them on the other side but that would be a helluva job as they are all moulded,filled and sprayed onto the bodywork.I'm aware of the pitfalls of fitting aftermarket bodykits especially the Cosworth type what with all the moving and stretching of the kit once it's on the car but it does look good.Any help,tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.Gaz.....BTW,the car is/was a white K reg XR3I.

any pics of the cracks m8

fibreglass underneath to supply flexibility and structural strength back to the area then drill stop all the crack ends before sanding down and coating in poly plastic skimming filler compound (not standard filler as it can be prone to cracking when the kit flexs)