ride height cause back trouble?

marc novataken

as some on here know I recently developed sciatica(nerve problems) which was put down to my drivers seat losing padding and having a bar across the bottom of my back. Just a little concerned as over the past few days I have been taking less painkillers as it seemed to be easing, have been carried in cars as a passenger which was uncomfortable but not painful.

Today I went out to start my car and thought I would just see how I feel driving, I drove from my flat to the garage block and back twice which took literally under a minute. Got out of the car and since then have had back ache and my leg is hurting again. My girlfriend and my mum both say they think its "because your car is so low"

Likely or not? Its a mk5b lowered 40mm on 15"s.

Sounds really silly but please don't have a dig, but it is a big thing to me, modifying cars is my passion and I would hate to not be able to lower it as silly as that sounds.

I know its possible I just havent let my back settle as long as I should have but thought I would get some opinions anyway.

Cheers, and please dont have a dig if I sound stupid lol

If you had a bad back then a harsher ride is obviously going to make it worse.

If it ends up being a term problem:

http://www.tradenote.net/images/users/000/108/999/products_images/Auto_Pupop_Lumbar_Support__Seat_Cushion_For_Car.jpg

Regardless of what EVO says, what has your doctor said? I personally can't believe people are actually even thinking that lowering a car 40mm can cause a back problems like that.

:nutter:

P.S. Just been reading up on 'sciatica' and you do realise you don't physically have sciatica, sciatica is just one of the symptoms of a bigger problem.

Edited by LiamGTR

Regardless of what EVO says, what has your doctor said? I personally can't believe people are actually even thinking that lowering a car 40mm can cause a back problems like that.

:nutter:

P.S. Just been reading up on 'sciatica' and you do realise you don't physically have sciatica, sciatica is just one of the symptoms of a bigger problem.

Did I not ask for people to not have a dig if it sounded stupid?

I didnt say that lowering had caused it, that was the drivers seat, I was asking if the pain from driving could be down to the height of the car as opposed to anything else. Not seen the doctor since last week so havent told him about this yet. And yes I know theyre symptoms that you get from compression of the Sciatic nerve(against a bar stuck out from my drivers seat)

Is the seat in a suitable position?

Was the pain because of the ride height or because you were sitting wrong and using your feet on the pedals?

Have you driven a different car to see if that makes a difference?

The seat is in the same position as usual

Not sure what the pain is tbh

Not driven another car, just been carried as a passenger

cheers

I was going to say try sitting in your car but in the passenger seat. You maybe streching too far to reach the pedals, is it your left leg thats hurting?

I tried the passenger seat afterwards but was already aching by then so it was hard to tell if it made a difference lol. Its the right leg that hurts

cheers

Edited by marc novataken

Is the seat in a suitable position?

Was the pain because of the ride height or because you were sitting wrong and using your feet on the pedals?

Have you driven a different car to see if that makes a difference?

How else are you meant to drive? :tired: :roll:

What I was getting at was he sitting right, might not be straight on and twisting his leg while using the pedals. I know what I mean :P