Some mkv files not playing

eetaylog

Ive noticed lately that a lot of the newer x264 1080p mkv video files that are 'released' dont seem to play in wmp or divxplayer (and therefore my media centre).

Im 99% sure its a codec issue (something to do with haali splitter not loading the contained subtitles) as the files seem to play in vlc player which doesnt use outside codecs, but i cant figure out what the problem is. Anyone else having the same problem?

Need new codecs?

Check this out :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/416078859/ALLinONE_-_Codecs6030.rar

Includes:

* CoreAAC Filter 1.1.0.642 updated * XviD 1.1.0 updated * DivX 5.20 updated * BSPlayer 1.02.812 updated * MPEGable AVC updated * MPEGable Directshow Filters 2.1 updated * Matroska Muxer 1.0.0.9 updated * Matroska Splitter 1.0.2.4 updated * DC-DSP Filter 1.0.0.1 updated + Dirac Splitter 1.0.0.1 added * ffdshow 2004-10-12 updated * MOD Source 0.5.0.0 updated * monkey Source 1.0.0.0 updated * OGGDropXPd 1.7.11 updated * OGG Vorbis 1.1.0 updated * Better browser support: Mozilla, Firefox, Opera and Netscape * Improved installer + The Plug-in installer has integrated + Codec Pack searcher * QuickTime 6.5.2 updated * RealMedia updated + Az XviD Quantization matrices files is in SystemSXviDQuantization matrices folder + More XviD Quantization matrices * Improved file externsion handling

Edit: LOL, ignore me.. i was uploading those codecs while you responded :(

Try KMPlayer? I prefer it to VLC myself

Bang on 4 Gig most of them, the very limit to what will play straight off the bat on a PS3 hard drive, I have lots.

4gig is not large for a movie in 1080p though?

Correct. An m2ts file on a bluray disc will normally be in the region of 25-30G!

Most of my mkv 1080p movies are 8-10Gig and look absolutely mint.

Bang on 4 Gig most of them, the very limit to what will play straight off the bat on a PS3 hard drive, I have lots.

Correct. An m2ts file on a bluray disc will normally be in the region of 25-30G!

Yep thats about the same size as mine.

It is 1080, and does have 5.1 audio. I dont know what they do to keep the filesize down though, maybe lower the framerate or something... But they do look much better than playing a normal DVD, cant tell if they look better than the bluray origional they came from, coudl test it by DLing a film I have on Bluray