F*****g s*******s

Stu

I don't know if it's me or if i've just been unlucky recently.. but i've had a few shitheads sell me junk and show no remorse over doing so..

1) Bought a turbocharger from someone (£150), insisted it was fine/vgc, had it checked over and it's knackered (£900 repair cost). Seller ignores communication.

2) Bought a light unit for my fish tank (£120). Seller stated it would fit a 110cm aquarium. Only fits up to 96cm - not big enough for my tank. Seller basically says tough rubbish and gloats he's spent the money. No remorse or refund offer.

3) Bought an amp for my car (£260), marked as brand new. Amp received is used, scratches around the logo, heatsink and missing a grommet. Seller now says he had it installed for 15 minutes only and expects me to accept that as 'new' even though it's marked.

Maybe it's the recession?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought hundreds of things online.. rarely have a problem.. just a trio of misfortune recently!

Think your just unlucky, or disliked lol

I would expect unlucky, unless complete strangers know me. People who tend to dislike me are not comfortable with their own idiocy.

Think you've just come across 3 annoying people all at the same time mate, The turbo may be excused for the owner not knowing how to tell if its shagged or not (He may have removed it thinking it was working fine) but the lack of comms is cockish, same with the fish light (cant you modify the stand though? is it a luminairre?)

As for the amp, does it look like "a test run" amount of wear and tear or is it more like a lot of carrying rubbish around in the boot with it wear? £260 is a lot for a used amp, i imagine you coulda got a new one with warranty for a little more?

Think you've just come across 3 annoying people all at the same time mate, The turbo may be excused for the owner not knowing how to tell if its shagged or not (He may have removed it thinking it was working fine) but the lack of comms is cockish, same with the fish light (cant you modify the stand though? is it a luminairre?)

As for the amp, does it look like "a test run" amount of wear and tear or is it more like a lot of carrying rubbish around in the boot with it wear? £260 is a lot for a used amp, i imagine you coulda got a new one with warranty for a little more?

Sure, I can spend £50 on custom acrylic parts to make the light fit.

Amp is £390 new, so £260 was a bargain. Or not.